Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Active Pup

Default Fleas ( If you have water please read )

I have been battleing fleas all summer!!! And they are winning. I have three dogs 1- Aulstrailian cattle dog 1 -Rottweiler and 1 - Labrador pup. I just found out yesterday that I've been wasting my money on frontline, advantage, and advantix. It seems that if you have a water supply on your premises be it a lake , stream , or pool that these products do not work as the dirrections say to apply. If your in my circumstance first you have to put up the dogs for at least 3 days so that their natural oils can build up then once you apply the med. you have to put them up for 5 days. That way their bodies can absorb the med properly. I am shareing this with you because some of you out there are probably like me and wasting your money and its hurting your dogs . Like I said earlier I have been fighting with fleas all summer and now I finally feel that its over.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Ruled by a RED boy!

I'm a little confused Do your dogs go swimming everyday? Obviously the flea/tick preventative won't work if you let them swim or get wet right away. Thankfully I don't have to use that crap on my dog anyways I use natural repellents such as rosemary on my ACD
Old 09-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Top Dog

I am confused as well, you will need to calrify.
If you mean they cannot get wet, I believe it says that on most directions
like it advises not to bathe them within 2-3 days when using revolution I believe.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:55 PM
*Biter*

I use diatomaceous earth, which I do have to reapply after Hannah swims, but it's worth it to not use the chemicals. If your dogs swim daily, it'd probably be a pain for you to use, especially with three dogs.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt