Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-07-2005, 06:40 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default Shaffer is official

WE went to the vet today for his heartworm test, and shot..his rabies and his distemper. So he is all officially an "owned" dog. I felt so sorry for him because even tho i gave him a full tablet of dramimine, he was so sick all the way there..he braces his legs like this is the worst thing he could ever do..and mile by mile he gets a bit greener. He was a gent to the end and managed to get sick only when we got out of the car. The vet gave him sedatives for the way home, but i don't think they made a bit of difference. I just came from mom's and he was still staggering around a bit. It is a good thing i live as close as i do...he is deffinately not a member of the packs on wheels club, but a sweeter boy doesn't exist..even the vet said he was mellow. oh i forgot...i told the vet i thought he had a bird dog chest and she said not only that but a bird dog head as well..at first i thought ??? then i thought of the rounded top of Vic's head in his bad dog pic..and compared it to Shaffer's pic when i first accepted him from logan and they are the same..the vet said coondog and birddog is what made a shaffer..at least as close as anyone can tell. She said he should weigh at least 60 lbs and he is 57 so we are getting closer. He looks so much better then he did when he was found. The vet wrote down 18 months old.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Jerk.

Yes he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
<--My 2 angels Odo & Odie

Nice to hear good news. Glad it is all over now. He is officially a member of the family now. Not that he wasen't already.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Big Mutts

Yeah!! Glad to hear it, he's such a sweetheart. I'd say he has a lil something else thrown in to the mix for good measure! He's always looked kinda GSD to me.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:10 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I;; have to post a pic of Kelly's coonhound Lady..that is what is reponsible for his coloring..he really doesn't have a shepard head, it is to wide, and his nose sits lower.
When I left today i swear he said..thanks for not making me go along..i just as well pass on that car stuff..see you later..thanks for coming

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 06-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Big Mutts

My mom's dog Angel doesn't appreciate car rides much either but Carey loves them. I can see that now that you pointed it out, I was just going by color for GSD. I thought his markings were somewhat too, but it's been awhile seince I've seen a body shot.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Love my pets

I'm so happy Vic is now officially owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

you meant Shaffer i know..thanks. I think he knows he is too. He sneaks into bed with Hyia some nights..(many nights) and is always at the fence watching when it is time for us to come. He and victor romp very hard every morning..i have had to add calories to Vic's food for his ribs starting showing again...and i am sure it is his morning workout. This is a win win for everyone. Mom loves him, Hyia loves him, Victor loves him..we all know how i feel, and Mary thinks he is not only nice enough but a relief on her poor old joints because he wears Victor out and he is then in return easier on her.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 06-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Big Dog

Great news about Shaffer! He has obviously found a wonderful home, it sounds like you've done a great job of getting him healthy.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Top Dog

That's so heartwarming. A great fit all around. So glad he found his way to your home and heart!