Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 06-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Top Dog

Exactly Showpug, In order for Glucosamine to be effectively utilized by the dogs body you need with Manganese or Vitamin C. I love the liquid Glucosamine I have with the other supplements. I found it's cheaper to purchase at a horse tack shop. The supplement I give my Rottie has all the essential supplements included, all I do is give the Yucca root seperate so I can control how much of this she gets. Yucca root is the best natural anti inflammatory I have come across to date.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

I forgot about the yucca!! That is a good one as well and a lot of people sware by it. Solid Gold makes a really good yucca product
Old 06-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

Solid Gold is who I buy my Yucca from. showpug, do you read the Whole Dog Journal? they had a wonderful write up on Yucca a few months back.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

I have read it before, but I don't read it on a regular basis
Old 06-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Love my pets

I've been giving CJ Glucosamine/Chondroitin tablets for 4 years now and they have made a big difference. CJ is about 50 lbs. I started her on 2 tablets of the 3 a day kind for about 3 months and now give her one tablet of the 2 a day kind. If her arthritis gets bad once in a while, I then give her a coated baby aspirin which does the trick.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Felurian

You might find the human grade supplements are even less expensive, especially if you buy them someplace like GNC. They tend to be a little better quality, too, I think.

Different dogs, like different people, respond to different treatments. Noni juice and cat's claw are two others that are very useful in treating arthritis.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

1-800-PetMeds Super Joint Enhancer--Anybody use this product? Seems like it have almost everything you guys mentioned besides fish oil and Yucca.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/pdetail.a...P=&WT=&MG=&PT=

PS great info guys thanks for the help!!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athe
Amstaffer, I meant to mention as well that when you go into the website for Syn-Flex (which is a wonderful supplement)
http://www.activexamerica.com/syn-flex/index.php
Look under Resources there is tons of information on Arthritis for you to read.

I looked up this product, It does list having MsM in it? Am I reading it wrong or would I have to add that in addition? if I used it.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:01 AM
ANIMAL LOVER

Default Noni?

Has anyone ever heard of NONI ? I have used it and used it for my arthritic, chronic skin irritated and she has fatty tumors that were beginning to weigh her down in the stomach....I have used ONE TSP once a day for 2 weeks and it is amazing stuff. No it is not rasins or grapes....look at the juices added on the ingredients and find the ones that do not. IT works, she loves it, acts like a pup and the swelling from her constant skin irritation has TOTALLY dimished and its natural. She weighs about 56 lbs and I started with 1 TBSP the first day and follow up each morning with 1 tsp. IT WORKS! This is not a lie or any hype. NONI JUICE the more pure the better. I got it from www.Swansonvitamines.com and if you know anyone with health problems it is amazing what detoxifying your system does. My vet said it must be that our animals as well as us are picking up toxins from our enviroment and foods and that is why some will have arthritis, fibromyalgia, stiff joints and so so much more. This does work. Nothing the vet tries was working for her and it is amazing how she feels and plays. Try it with love for your animal. I even found a vet online that has treated 76000 animals and had a 90% success rate on all I told you and so much more. He said for DEEP wounds, other health problems. I found it by searching for " Noni for PETS" and I know if you try it, your pet will look at you in less than a week with so much vigor and life and ease you will almost cry. Search and read about it. I have used it for more serious things going on with me and ONE of many things I can tell you is, my cholestrol dropped 100 points. Another is all my fibromyalgia has mellowed or even left in some spots and no more acid reflux, my blood pressure came back down and my doctor couldnt believe my change in 3 weeks. Just read about it and try it if all these other things seem not to work. Walmart has a cheaper brand with only 3mg per serving if you want lessor value and it is made with apple and pear juice, but doesn't do as much and doesn't taste so good. But read, honest. It changed my dogs life and makes her alive again. Just a lil help from a fellow animal lover!

Last edited by jazzinitup; 01-20-2006 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to title New at this
Old 01-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Top Dog

As for NONI JUICE I advise anyone who is thinking of wasting their money on this product to read this article. The article is written by a well known Natural health Doctor whom I would trust over some hype on the internet.

http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA64352/

It seems the only 3 posts that jazzinitup has posted have been about the wonderful benefits of NONI JUICE Perhaps a rep?

Any way, any thing is worth trying...but, it's always a good idea to research with reliable resources before falling for false claims which a company has been sued for.