Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-08-2005, 09:57 AM
no touchy

I believe dogs choose their owners, LOL. We always joke we adopted Colby and the other two adopted us.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:30 AM
mostly ignored...

1. Why did you pick the dog you have?
My last dog was hit by a van and died three days before christmas. We wanted another dog in the house and I was heartbroken. We started looking at dog breeds then dog breeders. It just happened that one breeder had an "oops" litter of pure medium sized aussies that were the wrong color which made them fit our price range. Sunny was the sweetest and most outgoing yet submissive type puppy. He didn't attack my feet just looked up at me all attentively and I knew I was in love.

2. What do you like most about your dog?
His willingness to be manhandled by so many people (atleast 8) a day, intelligence, obediance, willingness/ablility to learn new tricks almost instantly, the fact that he's just a puppy but can be calm when I just want to hold him like a teddy bear.

3. What do you like least about your dog?
still has some puppy nippyness if he didn't get his daily 2 mile walk/swim in.
can be possesive of food
Old 06-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Taco Dog

Why did you choose your dog(s)?
Well in 2002, my beloved Bruno passed on. He was the best dog in my eyes, my HEART dog. Well, we knew we needed another dog, so about a month later we were looking in the paper for free to good home dogs and found Chow Mix puppies. The callback number had the same first three numbers as our own, so we figured they were pretty close to us. So we called them and it turned out to be some of our neighbors! Anyway, we went up and looked at the puppies and there was only one red one (Precious) and several black ones. She was fat, fluffy and goofy. We were already pretty sure we wanted her, but what made us decide is when she walked up to the top of the driveway and rolled right back down. Not a hard fall, she just lost her balance which made us laugh at a time we needed to laugh. That is how Precious came to us.
Well, I had never been fond of small dogs. Not for any particular reason, I just figured big dogs had more to hug. I also thought that small dogs were way overpriced just because they are "cute and look good with your outfit." Well, after we got Oreo and she was a lapcat, I decided that I liked having that constant company. I then thought maybe this is why people like small dogs! Precious is a lapdog, but I would still like to have bloodflow in my legs. So after much research I chose the Chihuahua and then I chose Roxy Mae.
Spud was my grandparents' dog. He wasn't getting all the attention he deserved, so they asked the animal-lover of the family and voila. Spud is mine now!
What do you love about your dog(s)?
I love Precious' playfulness. I love the way she stares at us so adoringly. She is extremely rambunctious and loves to play. But in all honesty, she just wants to roll over and get a belly scratch.
I love Roxy's gentleness. She has to kiss everyone. I love to walk in the door after work and have her jumping around so happy to see me. I love the way she digs at the couch until she has it just right to lay down on. I love her "un-Chihuahua like" floppy ears. I love how she thinks she is a huge guarddog and barks at everything.
I love Spud's content mindset. In his world, all is right. I love how he wakes Precious up in the morning when he wants to be let out to go pee, as if she can do anything about it. I love his large underbite smile. I love when he sits on his butt and begs, not just for food, but for attention.
What do you dislike about your dog(s)?
I dislike that one of Precious' breeds (Chow) is looked down upon.
I dislike that Roxy Mae digs at my back in the mornings until I take her out.
I dislike that Spud is very food posessive.
But most of all, I dislike that they are only here for a short time.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 06-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Active Pup

1. Why did I pick the dog I have?
Skeeter ( Red Queensland) - Was my family's dog when I was growing up on the farm. Great cattle dog!
Sadie (English Pointer/ Heeler)- well I found her in a small cage at the animal shelter. I just couldn't leave her there after a couple of visits to her.
Bell- Well she found us!

2.What do you like most about your dog?
Skeeter- I love that she still herds ... just kids now!Skeeter has little mama complex. She is the worlds biggest lovins' mooch and is loyal to no end.
Sadie- I guess is just my pretty girl. Very calm for the most part- but forever my jogging and hunting buddy.
Bell- Still getting to know her, seems to be your typical southern girl- she ain't afraid to eat, knows it is too hot to go out to much during the day, likes looking pretty,and don't mess with her stuff or you might get a chewing.

3. What do like least about your dog?

Skeeter and Sadie - Their keen mental ability! Somedays there is no end to what they manage to get themselves into ... or out of! ( Finally, figured out the gate latches.)It has caused a bit of worry in the past! But, we learn and grow together! Our yard sign doesn't say Beware of the Dogs ... It says Prepare for the Dogs -for that very reason!

Bell- Nippy about a few things- that can be worked on, but she is a pillow hog ..... now that causes concern!
Old 06-08-2005, 11:16 AM

I love hearing all the stories about everyone's dog...it's just fun, and sweet!!! I think I now really love all your dogs. LOL
Old 06-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

Why did I pick the dog I have?
Blackie - I didn't pick him, my parents did. But my older brother and I both loved him. (Wes and JeanAnne were just born and Mel wasn't around yet.) He was the hyper Lab pup that would play with us 24/7 and, when he got older, would protect us. (He is a very good gaurd dog. He can tell the difference between a friendly stranger, and a not so friendly stranger, and he knows that if we say a person is ok, then he must be ok, unless he just really senses something about the guy.)
Rose - I picked her out when I was around 7. I picked her because she was my rolly-poly puppy and she was the only dog, aside from her sister who a friend has, who was a Brindle coloring. Not the best reasons to pick a dog, I know, but I was only 7 at the time, and I don't regret choosing her. (Although I do regret Mom not letting me keep her brother, Sam, too...he was such a sweet little dog with fuzzy black fur and a little brown dash across his muzzle...he was just so easy going and so sweet...my one treasured memory of him was when we brought all 10 puppies inside at night to play with them and he was barking at his reflection in the dishwasher...lol )

What do you like most about your dog?
Blackie - His easy going attitude. He is my Rottweiler in disguse. lol He loves people, is highly trainable, but he has a protection instinct. He also, in his old age, had calmed down a lot, so his activity level is more sutible for me.
Rose - her sweet nature and her athletic skill. I love watching her run and jump 3 1/2 feet strait up in the air. I also like that she can get along well with other dogs and cats, unlike Blackie.

What do you like least about your dog?
Blackie - his dog aggression. If only he wasn't dog aggressive, I'd have a much more enjoyable time taking him places.

Rose - her waryness of people. If she was freindly like Blackie, she'd be the "perfect" dog. If she liked people, I'd have a much more enjoyable time taking her places. She is also a mule head and is the most stubborn thing alive. lol
Old 06-08-2005, 12:24 PM
~~smilz~~

Yes thats my Brownie....
Old 06-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer
ElinHunter -- I think you forget to mention he seems to be very Muppet aggressive...lol
That baby was my Eli ... he was my heart dog. The world's perfect dog. He never had a bad habit or did a bad thing in his whole 12 years. I miss him so much.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
That baby was my Eli ... he was my heart dog. The world's perfect dog. He never had a bad habit or did a bad thing in his whole 12 years. I miss him so much.
oh sorry! I bet it was a great 12 years for both of you.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Playful Husky Pup

1. Why did you pick the dog you have?

Akara- because she was beautiful and of good working lines and she was super sweet and willing to please
Tracker- because he had the true makings of a good lead dog and pet
Shaker- because he was out going and fun to be around smart too.
Nera- because she was all business with the halter on and all play when it wasent I knew she also would make a great breeding *****
Buck- He had good breeding and he was just a happy go lucky kinda boy
Harley- I felt he needed me and i knew there was more to him then just a hyper attitude.
Roxy- she was beautiful and I new she needed me being the stray she was who knew she would play such a key role here.
Monty- Same reason as Harley there was alot more to him then met the eye
Star- she was sweet and smart and she needed me or she would be put down
Angel- she was smart and funny and had a great work ethic
Iris- she like others needed me and i knew if not a working dog she would make a great breeding dog.
Hitch- he was and is everything a musher dreams of in a sled dog let alone a lead dog.
Pheonix- he needed me and if not he would have died losing his mum
Baby- she was smart and sweet
Stinker- nice build and nice personality
Noah- he would be perfect for breeding stock and also came from great racing lines
Bright- same as Noah and she just had the best Chin personality
Shady- Smart and good little worker
Rooney- same reason as Noah and Bright
Couger- tricolor and upright eared he was the least favorite in his litter but i knew he would make a great dog and he has.
Heart same as Couger other then he is not tricolor
Sweetie- very smart and just a perfect addition to my Chin team
Rajah- same reason as Couger and Heart but like Heart he is not Tricolored
Pakak- he was the most out going and promised to make a good wheel dog.
Zeus- because he was beaten and broken and I wanted this puppy who lost his puppyhood very early to gain it back and just be a happy dog like he was meant to be.
Tundra- because her future promised nothing but abuse and I could'nt handle that.
Babe- because she was a stray and i knew she would have a bad future on the streets.
Maxis- because so many people were against him when he was a stray killing livestock I did'nt want him being shot.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie

Last edited by Love4Pits; 06-08-2005 at 04:41 PM.