Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Big German Shepherd

Why did I pick the dog I have?

I've always had a thing for German Shepherds and I've decided to get one.

What do I like most about my dog?

How protective he is of me. How cute he is. How nice he is (sometimes )

What do I like least about my dog?

His nipping, when he poots in the house, and I guess when he tests me really.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Jerk.

I couldnt let this pup go to the pound at 5/6 weeks old.

He has a very expresive face and ears, and he is a really happy dog. Even when he destroys something .

Just when I thought he was getting past the destruction stage he tore into my matress today, I dont want to get into all of what he has destroyed right now.

We've had our issues but Im glad I got him because who knows what familly would have addopted this little destructive ball of fur from the pound and how fast he would have wound up back there. Im glad I crammed as much as possible before picking him up cause otherwise Ild have beaten him silly by now, he is a destructive *******, Im glad he hasnt destoyed anything nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 06-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Big Mutts

My husband brought Carey home, same reason Blue did

I love the way she is protective and loves to play She's a great guard dog and wonderful companion

She has seperation anxiety and will destroy things
Old 06-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Show Dog

I wanted a large, intelligent, loyal guard dog/working dog with minimal barking....

RR and Giant fit that.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinda kookyee
I didnt pick Brownie-found her on the road(was going to find her a great home)But I fell madly in love with her after the first night...she really stole my heart...I love Brownies playfulness, and her cute little doggy face...Most of all I love going for walks and learning with her...Sometimes Brownie can be a handful...Sometimes her kisses are a little rough but were working on that...And when she accidently gets out it takes awhile to convince her to come home...Gotten alot of great advice here on the forums and after only 4 days of (good recall excercises)she is doing much better..
Is that Brownie in you Avator?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Disappointed :(

Why did you pick the dog you have?
Having decided to have a dog, I wanted to home a rescue, and found a lovely cross of two breeds I'm very fond of in a local shelter. Bonnie was a 'long term resident' (no-one really understood why, other than she could get a little over-excited) and became the shelter mascot having spent a year there waiting for a home.

What do you like most about your dog?
Loyalty, her really trying to understand and please. Seeing her run free and being healthy and happy.

What do you like least about your dog?
Something she can't help - dropping hair everywhere, especially in the heat
Old 06-08-2005, 08:33 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer
Do you mean your breed? I am not sure I understand what you are saying here?

When I say : "Because his breed makes The best guard dogs in the world." I mean my breed. I was not refering to any one elses dog if you didnt notice

Let me elaborate. Im saying that Caucasian Ovcharkas arre the best guard dogs in the world. Is that clear enough?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Top Dog

1. Why did you pick the dog you have?
I didn't pick him, he picked me. He was a stray in the shelter and was due to be euthanized. Taken off the adoption floor due to stress. I took him out and was going to place him through rescue (he's a full-blooded, beautiful yellow lab). I fell madly in love with him and kept him.

2. What do you like most about your dog?
He's beautiful and full of personality. And very loving and in-tune with me.

3. What do you like least about your dog?
He can be quite hyper when he wants to be! And mouthy! But I still love it.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:32 AM

I had a neighbor stop by to show me her new puppy. She mentioned that they would be going to the shelter if homes were not found soon, then asked me if I wanted one...off we went...and that's how I got Addie. She is a husky mix. I love the softness of her, the sweetness of her...altho she is a bit aloof, not a cuddler. What I don't like is that she never barks at people...only animals. She loves to dig, and has a strong prey drive and such energy that I have to really keep an eye on her or she'd be off in the woods in a second. She sheds TONS...lol...so you have to enjoy brushing.

I got Hammie because I've always loved GSDs. I went to see his parents and found them to be everything I could dream of, intelliegent, gorgeous, healthy...I just fell in love. I visited the puppies and in no time at all, it was Hammie that would run to me when the other 7 kept playing. I love that he is so protective, that he barks at people and looks intimidating..so he is my superior watchdog. I love how playful he is (he adores Addie!) how expressive, how intelligent.....but mostly how much he loves to be cuddled. He'll just watch me so lovingly...then sigh so contentedly. We have an amazing bond. I do adore him. What I don't especially like is that he isn't socialized...which is MY fault, not his. We don't see anyone and I didn't realize how important it was. It was harsh winter when I brought him home, so we didn't get out. It's something I try to work on now, but isn't really an issue in my world. I am just extremely careful when someone does come around.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
3. What do you like least about your dog?
He can be quite hyper when he wants to be! And mouthy! But I still love it.
ElinHunter -- I think you forget to mention he seems to be very Muppet aggressive...lol