Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Manchesters

Cool Sorry About That

Being a breeder/exhibitor of 30 years, I did not realize that the legitimate, legal term for a female purebred dog was not permitted to be used on this forum. Imagine my surprise when I saw that word *****'d out on my very first post to this forum. Most embarassing!!!!! Guess I shall have to limit myself to "boy dogs" and "girl dogs", rofl.

Carole
Old 06-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Top Dog

It just does it automatically. I used it too and saw that it won't let us do that. Funny...huh!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Felurian

LOL! It is kind of funny. I think it's pretty much a package deal with some other language that's barred.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-30-2005, 04:23 PM
stirder

int he 80's I beleive, there was a male doberman named Warlock. he was a large dobie from German bloodlines. he was bred to a ton of females because of his titles and lines. back yard breeders claimed to have "warlock dobermans" because of the short lived popularity of this male. thus began the myth of the warlock doberman. dobies are not meant to be that large, it is unhealthy and you can bet your life that health took a back seat in the breeding of any oversized doberman, gsd, etc. and nearly all dobermans bred in the USA have some of Warlock somewhere in there ancestry, may not show up on pedigree but its back there somewhere. and by large in reference to warlock (the titled male, not the myth) he was well within the standard. most of the byb "warlocks" are over standard.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Kelpiefied

Well, I would say with the "warlock" i met, that all of the dobe had been bred out of him! He was definetly like a golden or lab temperament wise, goofy and over-friendly.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Big German Shepherd

I was reading the newspaper the other day and "Warlock Dobermans 4 Sale!" caught my eye...