Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 04-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Top Dog

Default Shampoo

What kind of shampoo do you use on your dogs?
Old 04-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Big Mutts

I wash Carey in some shampoo I bought from the groomer. It's protein, aloe and lanolin shampoo. I originally bought it just for my older dog Smokey, he passed away in February, b/c he had a really bad odor and this stuff kept it away the longest. But now that he's gone, I've still been using it on Carey (we have a huge jug)
Old 04-18-2005, 02:33 PM
~3 Mutts~

I completely forgot to look at the Doggie Shampoos at PetsMart yesterday, so, I'm still using Johnson and Johnson's. It works fairly well, but believe it or not, my dogs actually turn out softer with Palmolive. Weird, I know...
Old 04-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Don't encourage me..

Horse shampoo works really well too!! It's gentle and it makes the coat really really soft!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

Like the Mane and Tail? Brady has a fairly dense coat with medium to longer hair. But his hair dries SO quickly. Water, nor dirt, really stay in his coat, it is amazing how the dirt just falls out. One night he can look so dirty (usually after playing with Jenny) and I will tell hubby that we need to give him a bath the next day, and by the next day the dirt has fallen out and he looks clean as can be.

But right after a bath, his hair on top is already almost dry.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:16 PM
~3 Mutts~

Bogo, my pup Bear is like that too! I can't understand how he can be dry ten minutes after I douse him in the tub LOL.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogolove
Like the Mane and Tail?
Yeah!! I love the smell of horse shampoo!! It's a real summery smell, cos I only bath my neddies in the summer!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Top Dog

Thanks so much! I might try that on him. I have seen those big bottles of it.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Island dweller

I love horse shampoo too but then it became a trend that people outside horse circles caught onto and now they have rip-offs in regular stores. It's not the same. Same as using hooflex on nails. The real stuff doesn't even smell like that.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:55 AM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
I love horse shampoo too but then it became a trend that people outside horse circles caught onto and now they have rip-offs in regular stores. It's not the same. Same as using hooflex on nails. The real stuff doesn't even smell like that.
I know! There's nothing like the smell of horse shampoo! I reminds me of competitions, showjumping and sleeping over night in the horsebox!!
Aaaah! Think i'm going to have to go buy some now!! Getting hung up on Nostalgia!