Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
chicken soup looks nice on paper but doesn't even get close to the quality level of high end foods like innova, canidae, eagle etc.
Thanks, I have been trying to decide between Chicken Soup an Canidae for my new dog, after your comment I think I'll go with Canidae, I appreciate the advice.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

How about Solid Gold. I've tried all the good food but now Im thinking about switching toki to Solid Gold. I looked at the ingredient and it didn't look too good. Any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Quigleyfied

solid gold makes nice foods overall. ingredient quality is good, but in my opinion most of their foods are too low in fat for healthy dogs, and the meat content could be better too. however, their formulations are excellent for dogs with allergies to some common ingredients.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:47 AM
Top Dog

Okay Im gonna let toki try some of that after he finishes his bag of Innova.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:44 AM
Quigleyfied

anything wrong with the innova? solid gold is definitely a downgrade from that!
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:06 AM
TishaBishaKate

Default Wellness Dog Food

I just started my Weim on Wellness and after 3 weeks she has decided she won't eat it. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their dog not liking a certain dogfood.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

In response to the Solid Gold comment...I agree, after feeding Solid Gold for years, I have found that some of the others are better just for the reason on FAT. Solid Gold, with the exception of their new food for little pooches called "Just a Wee Bit" is too low in fat and they do not pull much fat from animal sources so it is not as readily available to the dog. I like foods that include high quality animal fat in their ingredients and solid gold uses more flax oil and stuff like that. I prefer Innova EVO and Canidae for my pooch-a-roos!!
Old 06-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Top Dog

My biggest concern with foods is variety. My favorites are feeding raw with plenty of variety, and kibble mixed with canned.
My favorite Kibbles (available to me) Wellness, Solid Gold, Natura products, Natures Recipe, Eagle Pack. For canned and kibble I like switching my protein sources around and I like a vareity in case my dogs are missing something or getting too much of something. I switch every 3-5 months, always serve canned with the kibble. I try to make the evening meal a raw meal so its not as hard to process in the digestive tract. My holistic vet told me that for dogs that are prone to bloat an evening meal of raw foods is a wonderful idea.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Quigleyfied

nature's recipe? that doesn't really fit in that line-up of brands at all. it even contains generic animal ingredients like poultry fat, animal digest and so on.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 06-15-2005, 06:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Mordy: nature's recipe? that doesn't really fit in that line-up of brands at all. it even contains generic animal ingredients like poultry fat, animal digest and so on.
Sorry, I meant Natures Variety! I just got some in...my mistake being half asleep lately.