Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

Default Brady is getting groomed today

I dropped him off at 7:30 a.m. this morning and I will pick him up when I get off work today. I hate doing that to him though because I could tell he was all freaked out that I was leaving him, but he really needs his hair to be clipped so he won't be so hot. I am sure he will look handsome, I am such a baby, I thought I was going to cry when I dropped him off. But they were very nice.

I have been thinking maybe I should learn how to groom, I would probably love that way more than sitting here typing all day long....
Old 06-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Felurian

Actually, where you live, grooming might pay more than working for attorneys! I'm ready to wash my hands of dealing with the legal world . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Top Dog

You think so? How would I learn how to do it?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Felurian

I'll bet there are groomers there who would be glad to help you get started - tell you where you could train, etc. If I were in your area, I'd start seeking out grooming salons that did a lot of work for people in the music business . . . you know they're going to be high-end and are going to have to, for the most part, do good work to be able to keep their clients happy. And charge accordingly . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Top Dog

That is a really good idea Renee. I am going to have to look into this.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Felurian

I've been playing with the idea of putting in a couple of do-it-yourself dog wash stations in the back of the warehouse space at the store . . . maybe later forming a pet food co-op . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

That would be really awesome, I would have to bring Brady by there sometime just to see it!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Love my pets

Renee, I just saw a business card advertising a place where you can bring your dog to wash yourself, like going to a self-serve carwash. Sounds like a great idea!

Oh Bogolove, please let me know who Brady is doing and how handsome he looks with his new wash, cut & blowdry!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

I will take pics of him this evening when we get home. I told them to leave his tail a little bushy. Hubby wants it to be cut shorter, but I am a big fan of his bushy tail. I told them to cut like 2 inches of it off but that is it. I hope they don't cut more than that!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Felurian

Barb, there's a thread posted in the websites forum by someone who has a self-service dog wash. It's a really interesting concept. http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian