Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
AP History? AP Calculus I could tolerate. AP Environmental Science was pretty fun. But I could not bring myself to take an AP History class!
I have AP History this year, LOVE IT! I love history so much! *snuggles with history book*

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:31 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
I don't even know what to say to this... maybe I'll sleep on it, lol.
Friday he lectured, and then asked a question and NO ONE responded. We sat in silence for several minutes. He got up, and then sat down and said that we could sit there in silence for 10mins for all he cared, it didn't bother him. We sat there for a good 7mins until a student spoke up.
I wouldn't have cared either. Needed to catch up on some Zzzz's
It's annoying that I paid for this class . . . to sit in silence!

Quote:
Whoa. Big mess up. You don't let up on them. That needs to be fixed. They can't waste your time, or your money, like that.
Heck yes. I called my former lab instructor several times, and left messages - she never called me back! Only when I called her supervisor did I get ahold of the instructor. She claimed that the contract didn't have dates on it, so she didn't know how it could be expired. Then she said if it is "expired" why did the college not get in contact with the JVS..?... And then gave me a bunch of BS on how she missed me, etc etc *pukes*
So I talked to my college professor about it again(who is the director of the ECE ed courses) and she claimed that she herself tried repeatedly to get ahold of my JVS teacher herself. Irritated, I called the JVS supervisor again. The supervisor called me back and reassured me that they will handle this... She said that she had a copy of the contract, and was going to set up a meeting with herself and the other ECE teachers at the JVS, with the head of directors at the college to get it all sorted out. . .

I am still unsure of whether this is the answer they think I want to hear (them blowing me off?) or whether it is actually going to be taken care of. Regardless, I will be keeping on top of it until it is done. There are also 3 other students (that I know of) This year who are in the same situation, so they will be keeping up on it as well . ..
SO Irritating! *big sigh*

Quote:
What is it with professors scheduling huge assignments to be turned in all around the same time? WTF. Like I have hours to work on each of their projects due at the same time... *grumble*
ohh, I SO agree! It's almost as if they plan this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrieverLove View Post
Summer was way too short
I AGREE!!!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Top Dog

I start classes in 10 minutes.

::dies::

Thanks Jessie!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:30 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

*brings dreeza back to life*

If we've made it so far.. you can, too.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:19 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I have AP History this year, LOVE IT! I love history so much! *snuggles with history book*
Ahhh are you kidding?! I took AP world history last year, and I think I would have preferred gouging my eyes out LOL. Because not only do I hate history... I hate any class where you basically have to teach yourself and you're reading a 40 page chapter every week. Ew.

I reallyyyy do not want to start school tomorrow lol. I've enjoyed my summer too much. And looking at all these notebooks and folders sitting on the floor that I should probably organize makes me sad haha.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
*brings dreeza back to life*

If we've made it so far.. you can, too.
awww thanks

haha, sooo its my senior year, and I managed to make a MAJOR freshman move.

I knew I had a half hour break btwn my 2 classes..but what i didnt pay attn to, was that my 1st class ended a half hour early (at 10:30)...so for some dumb reason, i just assumed my next class was at 11.

Oh no. It started at 11:30.

I walked into a HUGE lecture hall...and the door was like RIGHT next to where the professor was teaching, so EVERYONE was looking at me...and I stood there for a few seconds trying to process everything. like "hmm, class technically hasn't started...why is he lecturing already?" "hmm...why is he talking about the geographical divide..that does NOT sound like exercise physiology..." OH CRAP!

sooo embarrassing!!

Thanks Jessie!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I've been diligently stalking the list of classes online, waiting to see if someone would drop the class I really want to take so I could register for it. Someone finally did today. Today is the first day of classes, so I can no longer register for it online. I print out the form and fill it out. I drive to campus and take it to the Registration and Records office. The lady tells me the class is full.

I'm extremely disappointed. I was really hoping to be able to take it.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Just try me..

I start tomorow..I have lab op standards 1 lecture (sounds thrilling, yawn) then Microbilogy, lecture. Then Molecular Biology Lab. I bet I would trade Lab Op for history..are there any takers?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
I've been diligently stalking the list of classes online, waiting to see if someone would drop the class I really want to take so I could register for it. Someone finally did today. Today is the first day of classes, so I can no longer register for it online. I print out the form and fill it out. I drive to campus and take it to the Registration and Records office. The lady tells me the class is full.

I'm extremely disappointed. I was really hoping to be able to take it.
What class?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:20 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I start tomorow..I have lab op standards 1 lecture (sounds thrilling, yawn) then Microbilogy, lecture. Then Molecular Biology Lab. I bet I would trade Lab Op for history..are there any takers?
If I had History, I'd trade it for anything. Except maybe English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
What class?
Photography I. I have to take that before I can take any of the other photography classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreeza View Post
haha, sooo its my senior year, and I managed to make a MAJOR freshman move.
It happens to the best of us.