Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 08-29-2007, 08:57 PM
treehugging clicker freak

So... its my second week this semester and I don't like any of my classes. I'm taking ALG 027 MTWR, ENGL 162 MWF, and Intro to Sociology MWF. On T/R I also have Intro to ECE - which is completely dumb because its what I did in my junior and senior year of high school because I went to a joint vocational school for ECE for two years

My Soc teacher is from Africa, and he's really cool, but I'm having a really hard time understanding him lol. Plus the begining work is pretty boring, scientific method, statistics and stuff. Real hard, and real exciting
My English teacher is a fruit cake. He says "anywho" and rambles about video games and brainstorming. We have 9 Cinderella stories to read and summarize by Friday. Which I also did at the JVS...

I'm also MAD as heck, because the professor just told me last Thurs that the classes that I'm supposed to be exempt from (along with 3 or 4 other students in the same Intro to ECE class) are out the window. Apparently, my instructor of ECE at the JVS let the credential hours "expire", therefore making the classes that we took for the past 2yrs, that counted as several college credits, useless. Needless to say we are all calling and complaining to that instructor, and she is not calling anyone back. I am calling her supervisor tomorrow . . . They WILL fix this, or .... .... I don't even know what to say . . .

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 08-30-2007, 01:53 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
So I started college as an AnSci/Pre-vet major. I then switched colleges and majors, and moved on to Graphic Design. Now I'm really considering majoring in Psychology.

I can get my dream career if I stick with Graphic Design. I love Psychology though (and Biology/Animal Science, too...), and I most likely would still be able to get my dream job with a degree in Psychology. Pre-vet is definitely not an option for where I really would love to work, so that's not much of a choice anymore.

I've got some thinking to do.

I hope everyone is having or will have fun in their classes! ]
Wow, do you have some thinking to do. If you need someone who can be objective to bounce ideas of off, lemme know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Ugg ok so school doesnt' start till next week. I still can't find where I should pick my elective! And classes start wed, BUT it says late classes on tues, after 5, run as normal. Now we have forensics lab at the dna cluster at the university at 6 on tues. But do we go to that, the university doesn't start classes till the week after.
That's odd- that classes after 5 run on Tuesday? What's with school starting in the middle of the week anyways? My first day was today and it's so weird starting in the middle of the week. Why can't we stat next week after the holiday? I mean, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
So... its my second week this semester and I don't like any of my classes. I'm taking ALG 027 MTWR, ENGL 162 MWF, and Intro to Sociology MWF. On T/R I also have Intro to ECE - which is completely dumb because its what I did in my junior and senior year of high school because I went to a joint vocational school for ECE for two years
Did you get college credit for those classes? I don't see why you wouldn't...

Quote:
My Soc teacher is from Africa, and he's really cool, but I'm having a really hard time understanding him lol. Plus the begining work is pretty boring, scientific method, statistics and stuff. Real hard, and real exciting
ooh! That's neat. Sorry its hard to understand him, though. That can make class really difficult. Once you get past the boring stuff, things will get more exciting.

Quote:
My English teacher is a fruit cake. He says "anywho" and rambles about video games and brainstorming. We have 9 Cinderella stories to read and summarize by Friday. Which I also did at the JVS...
I don't even know what to say to this... maybe I'll sleep on it, lol.

Quote:
I'm also MAD as heck, because the professor just told me last Thurs that the classes that I'm supposed to be exempt from (along with 3 or 4 other students in the same Intro to ECE class) are out the window. Apparently, my instructor of ECE at the JVS let the credential hours "expire", therefore making the classes that we took for the past 2yrs, that counted as several college credits, useless. Needless to say we are all calling and complaining to that instructor, and she is not calling anyone back. I am calling her supervisor tomorrow . . . They WILL fix this, or .... .... I don't even know what to say . . .
Whoa. Big mess up. You don't let up on them. That needs to be fixed. They can't waste your time, or your money, like that.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Just try me..

Mon is a holdiday, and tues is the orientation stuff for new students. So classes start wed.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

My classes start Tuesday, my SECOND year in college! YAY!

I think I'm most excited about SCUBA this year! lol ya!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:04 AM
Top Dog

I think I'm actually going to have fun this school year... My AP history class is the most interesting, and my teacher seems pretty cool even though he's a... raiders fan... one of the kids is gonna bring in a ps2 and we're gonna play the teacher on Madden. If we beat him, we get extra credit points...

The only bad part is that we are giving 3 hours of homework, I much rather just be given the tests and skip the whole homework part. I already know most of the stuff they're teaching. I'm just excited to debate about current events, and hear about the whole global warming green house gases stuff (can you believe they're gonna talk about that in history? lol). I love hearing about how the corporations are responsible for destroying the earth and such.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:30 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234 View Post
I think I'm actually going to have fun this school year... My AP history class is the most interesting, and my teacher seems pretty cool even though he's a... raiders fan... one of the kids is gonna bring in a ps2 and we're gonna play the teacher on Madden. If we beat him, we get extra credit points...

AP History? AP Calculus I could tolerate. AP Environmental Science was pretty fun. But I could not bring myself to take an AP History class!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
Wow, do you have some thinking to do. If you need someone who can be objective to bounce ideas of off, lemme know.
After I ponder it a bit more to myself, I'll probably start looking for outside opinions. Thank you for offering.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Golden Love

Summer was way too short

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Mark Twain

Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
-Lewis Grizzard

Old 08-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Pres. Of Gutter Club.....

I loved taking Ap history esp when we got into debates

I know the secret handshake!!![
Nolu's mindsoap ... known by all not used by many...
Chat is amazing for this reason....
[darkchild16] I love my stick
[TheWonderPuppies] does it have batteries
[TheWonderPuppies] *ducks*
[darkchild16] OH GOD I DID NOT MEANT HAT
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

What is it with professors scheduling huge assignments to be turned in all around the same time? WTF. Like I have hours to work on each of their projects due at the same time... *grumble*