Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Uffda!

Default Anyone know much about Min Pins?

Well, it looks like despite the current owner's objections, we will be getting our new Min Pin foster/addition spayed. Hopefully we will pick her up this weekend. I looked into Min Pins a little bit when researching for Joey, but I didn't find any very active forums or anything. I'd really like to find a Min Pin group to ask questions and such. If anyone had any good sites or even personal experiences I would really appreciate it!
Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM
I run with scissors

My stepsister has 2 min pins and all I know about them is that they are HYPER HYPER HYPER! Those dogs never settle down!

"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." -Ben Hur Lampman

I miss you every day, Charlie. You were my teacher, my playmate, and my best friend. Together, we did what we set out to do, and I am so proud of us for that.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Squishy22

I have had one min pin. They tend to be a very dominant breed despite size. Very happy animals and extremely smart. One of the more hyper breeds I have owned.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Yeah I was just with one last night and man was that little thing HYPER...i dont think I saw him slow down for a minute. He tired Sage out within the first hour and she was like "GET HIM AWAY FROM ME!!" They are definately cute, but have a nice ear splitting bark and make great alarm dogs.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Twin 2.0

The ones I've all met are crazy hyper, quite bitey and ear-shatteringly barkey. I always ask people who say they want one just how much do they hate their neighbors and their hearing?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Uffda!

Wow, you guys are making me a little nervous! From what I'm told this little girl isn't much of a barker, but she does have plenty of energy. Joey can get pretty enegetic too, so maybe they'll compliment eachother well.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Bwahahahaha !!!

I've had three min pins and all were hyper. Two of them chewed on anything ... literally anything. They can be a challenge for small children because they don't realize how rough they play.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Rusty but Trusty

My neighbor just got one about a month ago. The dog barks when he's not home constantly when he is home and he's outside if I go out or heaven forbid the kids are out playing he literally mauls them (playfully ofcourse) and we can't get a moments peace unless we go inside (which why should we it's our yard he's trespassing in). This dog is hyper, noisy, and is always IN YOUR FACE. You sit down he jumps into your lap, you stand up and he tries climbing up your leg, you pick him up and he's all up in your face.

I guess the good thing is though the guy says his mini pin is SO attached to him (Dirty is this mini pin's name). You can tell this dog loves him so much.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm All Ears

They're eneretic little buggers from what I've seen! You should see them at shows- never slowing down! The ones I've met are really happy little dogs, but boy are they active. They can also jump really high. Though, my grandfather's Boston Terriers did that too. They amazed me, lol.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Does anyone know how they are with other dogs (I've heard that a lot of them are DA)?
Can they generally be trained to be reliable off leash?

Don't mean to hijack your thread Georgy, hope you don't mind.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi