"Surely you'll get rid of them"

Barb04

Super Moderator
As Carl has told many people, if he was offered a billion dollars for one of our pets, he wouldn't accept it. Our pets are our family!

Doberluv

My thoughts exactly. After thinking to myself, wow, you're so not on the "let's keep in touch list" any more.
LOL! That cracked me up. "Oh....we'll have to not do lunch one of these days."

Gosh, what a weirdo. Even if you don't care for pets, can't someone see that millions of people do and it's really not that unusual??????? Hellooooooooo. LOL.

I don't have anything in common with people like that either. I couldn't associate with them if they were the last people on earth. If someone isn't that into pets, fine....but that woman sounds like a nut job.

So you should tell your friend that you plan to get more pets, not get rid of the ones you have if you have kids, because you care about their health!
Love it!!! I was raised with dogs and horses and have always had them and cats later on as an adult. I did have some allergies, but not bad. I am one of those people who hardly ever even gets a cold, much less anything else. My kids were raised with dogs, cats and horses. My daughter does have asthma, colds usually trigger it, some exercise induced and sometimes, but it's moderate, I'd say....inhalers fix her up. Anyhow.....pets are so enriching. When my daughter was young and had some bad attacks, the doctor said that the stress of getting rid of her pets would be worse than the asthma, so lets just treat it. She was fine. Both my kids are major animal lovers, just like their mom. Their dad likes animals too, just not quite as crazy about them as I am.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Please help!! After two long years of being on a waiting list for an agility dog, we have been notified by the breeder that, at long last, our number has come up and ...
WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we
MUST place the children into rescue this weekend.

They are described as:

One male - His name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the
toilet. Has had Chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained & gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a
little training he should be able to read soon.

One female - her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry blonde hair, breen eyes, quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a
little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, is very healthy, and can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls & little boys but does not like to share her toys and would therefore do best in a one-child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training - shouldn't take
long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them; that is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!! They MUST be placed in rescue by Sunday night at the latest, or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along
some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
A dozen? :eek: Not sure about that... lol

Yes, Aus, has her forever home now and it's not "the home" LOL!!!

What's funny, is we do always plan on having animals around.. right now we have five and it's a good number for where we're at in life.. but when move... oohh I'm gettin' me a dane! :D
Hear that fruit bat ?? I am not going to SHADY PINES lmao

Paige

Let it be
OH MY GOD! I can't even understand how people think like that! Is she not aware of how many homeless dogs there are for those reasons? I loved growing up with my dog. She was with me always. When and if I do have kids there is no way I'd get rid of my dog unless it was displaying agression towards it. Even then I'd try my best to work it out (my two current boys love kids though and are young so no worries there... any kids would be growing up around these two blokes).

I shared hash browns with Blue this morning. The boys and her all sleep in my bed. They do almost everything with me. People who think like that don't deserve dogs. They'd never understand how wonderful they actually are. She doesn't even know what she's missing out on.

Thats how I got Buster. To be fair, he does require a ton of attention, more so than any of our other dogs at his age, but with a single child it should have been doable.

Funny thing is that I can't walk him around kids... he demands that he be allowed to go visit them and get pet!

mrose_s

BusterLove
I know if you ever have kids BP, they will have a great life growing up with your "monsters"

I grew up crawling ll over our dogs.Many of my baby pics i'm sitting there with 4 or 5 dogs sitting around me, happy as larry.

our dogs have done more for us then I could ever ask for. Yes, they are family. I am busters mum, harry's sister, macs aunt and sophies adopted child, lol. My mum is grandma to buster and mac, but mum to sophie and Harry.

The school asked why i had missed about a week and a half, mum just said, with no hesitation "A death in the family" because I'd missed it due to panda.

Some people will never get it and i really pity them.

milos_mommy

When her baby grows up and she decides to get a puppy, i hope she trained her kid well enough to behave around it.

ACooper

And the real joke is it's now being recognized that children who are raised with pets have fewer allergies and sicknesses than those raised in a "sterile" environment.
I am telling you Renee! Sometimes 'science' is just so far behind what regular folks already know! LOL

I grew up being the oldest of 5 children. We had cats and dogs........can't really remember a time when we didn't. NOT one of us has an allergy of ANY kind.

I now have 5 children in the house, and of course we have dogs, and NOT one of my kids have an allergy of any kind either ;)

Now in this day and age.........what are the odds of that?? ROFL!

BP......no offense, but your "friend" sounds like an ass. It's one thing to not want to own dogs and quite another to call your "friend's" dogs monsters........when they are obviously lovable, trained, and well cared for.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I am telling you Renee! Sometimes 'science' is just so far behind what regular folks already know! LOL
I myself only believe the studies I read in The Journal of Pointless Academic Research.

But only if it's publicly funded.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I feel sorry for people who think like that. They will never know our joy. :(
I grew up with cats first, and when I was 7 we got a dog. Neither me or my sister have allergies ---well I do get sniffly when the pollen count gets REALLY HIGH--but nothing bad.

Also, I know a four year old girl that helps her mom feed four horses, a bunch of chickens and three huskies. She's the healthiest, most robust four year old I've ever known.

Members online

No members online now.