Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-17-2007, 05:21 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
At least those old friends of yours do not have any pets =/
My thoughts exactly. After thinking to myself, wow, you're so not on the "let's keep in touch list" any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_ACD_for_me View Post
Definately not a friend I would want either Some people just don't get the bond between dogs and their owners! IGNORANT!
Serious. My jaw hit the ground for sure. I couldn't believe it. Wondered what happened to make her so... so.... whatever she would be classified as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa_W View Post
Yeah, non dog people just really don't get it. I don't understand them and they don't understand me.

My mom is not a dog person at all. She's a very nice person, but not a dog person. Her response when I told her that Kai has IBD was that maybe I should think about putting him down. I was shocked at first, but realized that she just has a different mind set than me. Some people think it's perfectly okay to get rid of dogs when they become inconvenient. They just don't seem to understand that we think of our dogs as family members. You wouldn't put a family member down because you were having a baby or because they have a disease. That why I am glad that I can come on Chaz and talk to people that understand.
Thankfully, my parents are animal people, especially my dad, he is where I get my heart from. My brother not so much and we try to keep around those that do have animals so that there will be some common interests. A lot of my old high school friends just don't get it and are more interested in what's popular to do on Friday nights and the latest trends versus knowing love in any kind of form other than loving thyself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Red View Post
that is part of the reason shelters are full. I can not believe you had a friend like that Nicole. You Mit and your fur balls will make a beautiful home for a child some day. I can not imagine a better place to grow up. Hey you want to adopt me ?
I can't believe I had a friend like that either. Key word being had. Adopt you? Sure. Buddy will love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
I wish people would come out of the dark ages, like racism, it is pointless to argue, if they are that narrow minded your words will just go in one ear and out the other.
Yeah, I felt that way. No need to talk to her again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I would just have hung up. Thank goodness no one I know feels that way. Even if they don't understand my love all animals, and the owning of many. They at least get the idea of pets as part of the family.
That's good. Good to know it happens. Care to share your friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
All I can say is....wow.
That sums it up nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Chicken View Post
People like that make me so mad...

All of my family has figured it out, if you don't accept my dog, you don't accept me. Since my mom has been calling Kona her "Granddog"!
Lol- my family, too. Especially my parents, it's the closest thing to a grandbaby they're getting right now.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:26 PM
and Spy.

I actually feel sorry for people like that because they will never be able to feel this wonderful feeling I feel when I look into my dogs eyes and KNOW I am loved .

Shame shame shame.

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

^^I like how you put it Tucker, I feel so sorry for them too. They don't know what they are missing out on.

I would have been fuming if someone had said that to me, good on you for keeping your temper! I don't understand why some people are like that, its so sad!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Who woulda thought <3

My mom calls Chloe her "granddog" too
Old 08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Felurian

Quote:
"Well, I'm sure you wouldn't want those furry things about children."

Me: Really, why is this?

"They are nasty creatures! They should be outside at the very least."

*silence*

Me: My dogs are every bit a part of my family and considered my children- just as my human children will be one day.

"That's gross."

Me: I've heard and seen animals treated a lot worse.

"Surely you'll get rid of them. It's no life to be raising a baby with those monsters in your house."
And the real joke is it's now being recognized that children who are raised with pets have fewer allergies and sicknesses than those raised in a "sterile" environment.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
I actually feel sorry for people like that because they will never be able to feel this wonderful feeling I feel when I look into my dogs eyes and KNOW I am loved .

Shame shame shame.

~Tucker
You said it perfectly

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Rebel With Cause

Oh yea I am getting a forever home lol
Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Dafuq?

Dogs are good for kids. Every kid should have a dozen or so.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 08-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

I have raised my six kids in a house full of dogs, cats, and assorted furry things. It's great for their emotional well-being, and their health besides.

I am a physician, and I have moderately severe asthma. I believe that lack of immune system challenge actually increases your likelihood of getting asthma. My kids immune systems have been challenged since birth and only only one has mild, exercize induced asthma, and that is exacerbated by mold, not dander. Maybe I should have kept the house moldy too, what do you think?

So you should tell your friend that you plan to get more pets, not get rid of the ones you have if you have kids, because you care about their health!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:23 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

A dozen? Not sure about that... lol

Yes, Aus, has her forever home now and it's not "the home" LOL!!!

What's funny, is we do always plan on having animals around.. right now we have five and it's a good number for where we're at in life.. but when move... oohh I'm gettin' me a dane!