Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Lord Cynical

Honestly, I think all three of mine would be adoptable IF they were adopted out by the right organizations. However, I could see them being returned to rescue in a heartbeat!

Ilsa. Well, she's nearly 6 - still a good age, but getting older for a Doberman. She has a minor case of spay incontinence that requires cheap medication, but **** she's a pushy girl! She is vocal, so I could see her scaring her new owners with her happy growls, snarls, and barks.

Ronin... oh gosh, where to begin... well, I already know one family couldn't handle him, and it was a dog-savvy home to begin with. They ended up being scared of him, muzzled him 24/7 and crated him excessively. Sent him to a doggie bootcamp, and introduced him to abuse (he shows the hallmark signs of abuse - whether it was his handler, his trainers, or his owners... I don't know.). Ronin is a full-throttle, intense guy who is simply too much dog for 98***37; of the dog-owning population. He has male-dog aggression issues, separation anxiety (which is disappearing through consistency and training), and is sometimes a picky eater... who wants him?

Ada... very cute, cuddly, friendly, and jolly. She'd be scooped up in a heartbeat. She would be great anywhere, with anyone... but I could see someone returning her, with a frazzled look on their face as they brought her back - with a muttered, "I didnt know she bounced off the walls so much..." or, "I had no idea such a little dog could zoom around the room so fast that there's pawprintson the ceiling"... yep, she's a ball of energy!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 08-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
I want Zeus!
LOL! I'd let you dogsit sometime, but you have to promise to give him back!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Squishy face

Benji would be adoptable because he's little and cute, and everyone around here loves little and cute. He'd have to go to a home with no little kids though as he has some food guarding issues, and he'd also need a home without cats to be safe because he has a high prey drive.

Daisy isn't that adoptable. Besides being big and black, she has chronic ear infections, and tends to get infections in other places as well. Daisy goes into that pseudo heat thing once a year, plus she's very shy and protective of the house. I wouldn't want Daisy to go to a home with little kids either simply because she's not had much experience with them. She does like other dogs and cats though. Daisy very much a momma's dog, and would freak if she had to be seperated from me.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

Gimli is cute enough but he's shy and really doesn't like kids who run or move to fast. He also goes nuts when he gets left alone. Gimli is not very adoptable.

Baron if you look past is age is okay for dog people. He likes new people, and is one of the best dogs I've ever seen around kids. Old man doesn't care if you pull his ears or tail. He doesn't like small animals and has some dog issues though. Somedays he's okay with everyone sniffing him and other days he'll go nuts if anyone comes within five feet of him. He can be a bit whiny if you take him somewhere new. He is very attached to me and my mom, and has shown signs of gaurding us (ie. some guy who worked for my mom leaned towards her to talk and Baron stood up and moved between them). I don't think he'd handle a change in homes well but he is adoptable.

Duke would be gone quickly. He's well trained, love everyone, doesn't have any issues, and still a cute puppy. At least when he's around me, having handed him off to someone else to show me an idea to stop his chewing I found out he throws a fit and will throw himself to the ground. He is also a ball of energy, likes to carry his leash when he walks, barks at you when you tell him "no", has the tendency to not listen, and does not learn fast.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
I think a lot of people would love to have Kai. He's extremely sweet and is very well mannered. Plus he's adorable. But I don't think he would want to go anywhere though!
Dang!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Show Dog

Teddy would be adoptable on his breed alone.He is young and should adapt to someone else.Saying that he is a mommas boy who when I left him with a good friend of mine just for a hour he cryed the whole time.If I leave him home with my mom he will not play with his toys and will watch the door the whole time.So he should only go to someone who will be home with him or can take him most places with them.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
Dang!
hehe, Tosca's Mini Me would love to come visit though.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:35 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
LOL! I'd let you dogsit sometime, but you have to promise to give him back!
Erm... how long do I get to dogsit for?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:37 AM
My house is a zoo

Thunder - probably not. He's 5 years old, and has hip dysplasia. He's also 100% my dog. He isn't really that fond of meeting new people but does warm up eventually. He's well behaved and people love that about him, but he also has severe separation anxiety.. he has to be with me all the time.

Sammy - I think he'd be extremely adoptable. Well behaved, knows lots of tricks, no real "issues", plus he's small and most people want small dogs.

Scooter - He's cute, but quite a handful. I think people would fall in love with him based on his looks but he is very difficult to deal with. He's smart and knows commands but is still having housetraining issues and is EXTREMELY vocal.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Dafuq?

Loki would be pretty adoptable. She's one of the easiest dogs to live with, and knows lots of cool stuff.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...