Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Walks into Mordor

Who wouldn't love Zeus?? He is absolutely adoptable. He's a big, handsome sweetheart who loves everyone, doesn't bark, is very mellow, has good house manners, is well-trained, and loves to cuddle.

Voodoo.....hmmm. I'm sure he'd manage to lure in a few unsuspecting suckers with his cute prancing strut, his happy "I love everybody" attitude, and his training. But they'd probably bring him back after they find out what an egotistical, devilish little whirlwind of destruction he really is.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

I think a lot of people would love to have Kai. He's extremely sweet and is very well mannered. Plus he's adorable. But I don't think he would want to go anywhere though!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

Tango wouldn't be adoptable. She's got too many issues that most people wouldn't want or know how to deal with. I'm sure if my family didn't decide to take her as a pup (she didn't have a very good temperament even then), she'd probably be in her 10th home by now or PTS. I love her more than anything, and she means the world to me, but she's is without a doubt also the most difficult dog I've ever met and/or had to deal with.

Morgan *might* be adoptable. She's a really nice dog and gets along wonderfully with people, but she gets really stressed out when people she isn't familiar with aren't around.

Winston would most definitely be adoptable. He's got one of the best temperaments I've ever seen in a dog and he loves everybody and everything. He's very adaptable and fits into new places easily. However, he would definitely have his age against him (he's 9).

Dance would definitely be adoptable. There isn't much that phases her. She loves pretty much everyone and everything and is a very easy going, laid back pup. She's by far the easiest dog/puppy I've ever had - very similar to Winston in temperament, just more playful and energetic.

Tia would be adoptable. In fact, she lives with my grandma most of the time now (because she prefers her to us for some reason and my grandma really misses having a dog around). She is better as an only dog, but aside from that, she's got no issues.

Of course, minus Tia, none of them are going anywhere ever. The only reason Tia did is because she's happier with my grandma (she doesn't really like other dogs - she thinks she should be the centre of attention), but she still stays with us a bit too.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Are you dead yet?

The three border collies are adoptable. Dash is a little dominant with other dogs and will get snarly and rude if things don't go her way. I'd say she'll need a more experienced owner than the other two. Dakota needs a sport home and Eve needs a working home.

Ripley isn't suited to many homes, I'd say he's not very adoptable and were he in rescue, I probably wouldn't have been approved to adopt him. Right now he's living with my friend and it's a match made in heaven since she doesn't have other dogs, kids or a need for a clingy lap dog AND her man is home all the time.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Chloe would more than likely be adoptable...someone would just have to be willing to work on her issues...

She is becoming quite territorial towards strangers and other animals...(we are working on this and she has gotten better) (but the phone repair man set us back)

She also does NOT like to cuddle, she will only cuddle when she wants to and it happens rarely... she doesnt follow people around, she loves doing her "own" thing...

She is sometimes very shy and she also gets spooked at loud noises or sudden movements....

To be as little as she is, she eats ALOT, and she needs AT least 2 or more hours of outside playtime....
Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
overdogged

mushroom maybe, if somebody were looking for an adult pit bull. he's an easy-going guy, reasonably good with all kinds of people, reasonably good with most dogs, reasonably ok around cats.

luce is a broken butthead. sure, she's charming, but she's kind of a jerk when it comes right down to it she'd need an owner who is willing to put in a lot of work, because you just can't let things lapse with her.

harv? he's ten, has a boogered eye and terrible thunderstorm phobia. apparently he is adoptable because i adopted him, but i'm certainly not in my right mind.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:00 PM
and Fozzie B!

I thought it was adoptable at first, too! D:

Fozzie is suuuuper adoptable. I think almost anyone would want him! He's wonderful with every person, child, dog, cat, animal, and thing he has every met. He knows all of the basic commands and lots of tricks, but he can be a stubborn butthead sometimes. He's great in the house. He does require about an hour of exercise every day to be his happiest... and he also demands to sleep in bed with you, right up against your face. Fozz loves to spoon! ;D

Gonzo is not so adoptable... He is 6 years old. He is fearful of rowdy children & most large dogs. He wouldn't hurt small animals, but he obsesses over them. He is very standoff-ish with some strangers that come into the house, and he has to be introduced slowly. He has competed in Obedience, and knows every command off-leash, but his VERY high herding drive means he needs a handler that can read him and has experience with herding dogs. He knows tons of tricks, and can learn basically anything. He requires 2-3 hours of exercise every day, or he will start displaying some neurotic/nervous behaviors. But, as long as he gets daily activity, he's happy to hang out around the house all day! There are lots of other Gonzo quirks... but, honestly, I think there are just a few people in the world who could own him happily, besides me. heheh.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Top Dog

Duke wouldnt be that adoptable. He has some issues. Which I have managed but took abit to. He's very much a one person dog and he's not good with kids. Plus he is extreamly active. If the right person came along then sure but that right person is few and far between.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Lucy yes, definitely. She'd be snatched up in a minute- she's social, outgoing, and young.
Millie, not so much. She'd need an experienced home that does PR training that knows how to deal with BCs and active BC mixes, and also knows how to work with a very sensitive girl. Honestly, though, I think she wouldn't be able to go to a new home. She is my girl, and she knows it.
But of course they're not going anywhere.

*huggles them*
Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 PM
*Biter*

Sadly, Hannah would not be a great candidate for adoption should anything ever happen to Jeff and I.

She has loads of health problems, severe anxiety, and is a total Momma's girl to the extreme. She is not fond of strangers, and HATES change in her routine.

We do have a few close friends that Hannah loves, and one couple in particular knows that if something happens to me and Jeff, we'd like her to go with them. They adore Hannah and would go through ALOT to make sure she is as happy and adjusted without us as possible.

Makes me sad to even think about it.....Death, however, is the ONLY thing that would seperate me from my darling baby girl.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls