Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
and Spy.

Default How adoptable is your dog?

When I first saw Grace's thread, I thought it said adoptable, so I decided to start one!

Tucker would most defaintely be adoptable to just about anyone who could deal with some barking and having to keep him on leash for the most part.

Spy not so much. In general he's pretty good but he's very shy of strangers (at the moment anyway) and gets growly. So I suppose he would go to someone who they thought would be 'experienced' etc.

Of course my dogs would never HAVE to be adopted out, just stuff to think about .

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:46 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Erm, hahah, they wouldn't.

Buddy would go nuts without me. No, I'm not being egotistical. He literally drives people nuts if I'm not around. He is mine and I am his. With time, it could be worked out, but it would take someone to know him like I do and to see him for the soul that he is. Good thing we have just the person in case something were to happen to us.

Banzai, as long as he was with Buddy, would be okay. He would transition slowly and the people would have to work through his anxiety and be able to do deal with his herding.

Bella would HAVE to go to someone with Fila experience. They would need to come to a mutual understanding of each other and life would be fine. As long as she got the right side of the bed. Good thing Bella is covered if something were to happen to us as well.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Boxer Crazy

Well, Callie is just a medium brown mixed dog. I was an idiot and didn't socialize her (she was my first dog, and got the brunt of all my mistakes), so she's barky with strangers. She wouldn't be very adoptable, which is fine, I have no intention of ever parting with her. She's a sweetie, just insecure. She's very good after she meets someone, but is shy until she's introduced. She would do horrible in a shelter setting, she would be a scared huddled mass at the back of her cage.

Carell, my deaf Boxer girl, is another story. Everyone who meets her falls in love...but before I failed as her foster, we didn't have any interest in her, mostly because of her deafness (I'm assuming, because she was 12 weeks and usually we have a flood of apps on Boxer puppies). But she knows sign language, and she's such a wigglebutt that people just melt. She's a great ambassador for deaf dogs everywhere, because most people don't know she's deaf until I tell them. She thrives on attention.

Rescue Boxers are Adoptable Love
Old 08-16-2007, 05:56 PM
swimming upstream

well, other than my dogs are both black (black dog syndrome)--I would consider them both adoptable--but would never find out!!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

Well, #1 they would have to stay together.

Then I would say probably, as long as people are aware of the fact that Tips gets very shy when Boris isn't around, so they can't be separated too much, and that Boris has some resource guarding issues.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm All Ears

I think all of mine would be adoptable.

Nikki has health issues and is on medication. Plus she's old. She's got some resource guarding problems, but as long as someone could deal with that, they'd be fine. She's great around people and other dogs.

Trey is a shy guy who is also older and ahs his medical conditions. He's not aggressive in the least, but he'd need someone who could deal with the fact that he is not good around strangers.

Beau... haha, he's a clown that really has no behavioral issues. He barks a bit, but is just all around good. He loves people, loves to play and is really easy going. No problems there.

Rose would be fine too. Once again, she's not aggressive or anything. She's a bit more timid than Beau but not nearly like Trey. She'd make it out okay, too.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 PM
:( only one :(

AH HA! I knew I wasn't the only one who read it as adoptable! LOL I feel much better....

I already actually answered this question on the adaptable thread.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

A friend of mine who does rescue has joked about putting our dogs on her petfinder site, just to see who would be interested and if they would draw interest.

Meg is very adoptable. Youngish, great size, fantastic house manners, good off-leash, great with kids/cats/every human alive. She has some minor dog-to-dog issues, and probably could not live with another dominant female, and she isn't a "dogpark dog", but that is about the only issue she's got.

Not that Meg is ever going anywhere, but I've had multiple people tell me they want her if something should happen to me.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Bored Now.

LMAO I blinked when I saw this thread.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Water Junkie

Major would, but they would have to know he's older and barks, I mean barks at anything

Lizzie I think would, but she defaintely would need someone very experienced. She's such a one person dog it's not funny.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l