Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Richie -- you're contradicting yourself, here. There's nothing wrong with breeding pits to be "nicer" but the whole thing is bull? But you want pure bred pits for guarding later in life? The trouble is, there are bad breeders of every breed of dog. And there are good breeders of every breed of dog. Pits are very nice dogs -- if bred, socialized, and raised CORRECTLY. It's the scumbags of the world that do bad breeding for meanness, fighting, they're awful to their dogs, etc. etc. that has given the breed a bad name. So, in a way, this is already happening. Breeding "nicer" pits and the nasty @sses that breed the "meaner" pits (and then it's the breeder's/owner's fault, not the dog's).
I am horrible at explaining things, so you probly misunderstood me, sorry. Everybody thinks that Pitbulls are mean, and horrible dogs. It's just because there are bad people in this world that treat their dogs badly. I know and understand that.

My point is, I don't really care if someone breeds a Pitbull with some other dog so then it will become a socially accepted breed. I just don't want them to diminish the original Pitbull that my friends and I grew to love.

I guess what I am trying to say is... instead of dumbing down or modifying , why not just make a new breed. That's just my opinion tho, I am just a kid, so I am probly not the most knowledgeable, lol.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

then again there are always other apartment breeds
Old 06-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234
I guess what I am trying to say is... instead of "breeding down", why not just make a new breed. That's just my opinion tho, I am just a kid, so I am probly not the most knowledgeable, lol.
No, you are very smart for your age when it comes to dogs! And the "making a new breed" happens all the time. How about the Labradoodles and Goldendoodles that are quite the rage right now? But get this concept into the inept breeders' hands, and it's disaster. That's how we've gotten into these different "sects" within a breed. For instance, a Lab and a Std. Poodle's first offspring are the ONLY dogs that are supposed to have the traits they're striving for. How many backyard/recreational breeders do you think are out there that don't know that?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:52 PM
no touchy

No way, especially not with a border collie!! I can't imagine what Tippy were like if she were *super* calm all the time. I think I'd just about die.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, I see what u mean EliNhunter
Old 06-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Again...it goes back to the breeder....I would love to prove a point, breed the meanest female I could find to the meanest male I could find !!! I could still produce the nicest, sweetest, off spring ever.! It all starts from the day they're whelped ! Of course I'd have to know the female and have her trust me before this could happen.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
Again...it goes back to the breeder....I would love to prove a point, breed the meanest female I could find to the meanest male I could find !!! I could still produce the nicest, sweetest, off spring ever.! It all starts from the day they're whelped ! Of course I'd have to know the female and have her trust me before this could happen.
Yes, but if you were to pull that off I still wouldn't think the public will change their opinion. They would probably be stubborn and not trust pitbulls or any other dog considered to be vicious.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
No way, especially not with a border collie!! I can't imagine what Tippy were like if she were *super* calm all the time. I think I'd just about die.
Yeah, border collies have a great personality
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 AM
no touchy

They sure do. My girl can be nice and calm in the house, but once I open the door, she's ready to zoom, once I pick up the leash, she's ready to go. I love it when she gets all silly and zoomy, it's nice to watch her having fun zooming around the yard.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:22 AM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
I think that breeding dogs of certain breeds (such as pit bulls), which are known to be more dog-aggressive, should have good personalities. I don't see the point in breeding two aggressive dogs, because there's a good chance you'll end up with aggressive puppies, too.
Just sleeping.