Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-03-2005, 07:19 PM
user not active

Default Photos of Caucasian in Protection trial.\

http://security-dog.org/dressura/che...oto/varlay.jpg
http://security-dog.org/dressura/che...to/varlay3.jpg
http://security-dog.org/dressura/che...to/varlay2.jpg
http://security-dog.org/dressura/che...to/varlay4.jpg

Did you know that majority of dogs would not bite an attacker unless they were specifically trained to do so? )

Other minority are either trained or have high natural protection/fight drive naturally. And no, a dobe or GSD that hasnt been trained to attack/bite would not do it either unless it was very agressive to begin with.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Felurian

You might find this interesting, Dmitri: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...6&postcount=24

There is also a part of the testing for Filas that gauges how hard the "strike" is. We're very careful with our dogs, needless to say . . . just as you are with yours.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Top Dog

lol, in the third picture it looks that guy is so scared, (with the cushion suit thing) he crapped is pants.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:08 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
You might find this interesting, Dmitri: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...6&postcount=24

There is also a part of the testing for Filas that gauges how hard the "strike" is. We're very careful with our dogs, needless to say . . . just as you are with yours.
I always like reading stuff like that, thanks!
Old 06-04-2005, 06:16 AM
user not active

One funny thing is. With these dogs a bite suit is almost always needed. They bite a sleeve then they release and go for the unprotected flesh. So a professional dog baiter is always needed so he doesnt get hurt.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Felurian

Not wearing a bite suit is just tempting fate. The Fila is bred to subdue a human threat quickly without any more physical damage than is necessary to stop and hold, so theoretically, a baiter should be fairly safe without the full suit, but, as with everything, one can't 100% reliably predict exactly how a dog will react - one of the reasons these tests are given, eh?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2005, 10:39 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Not wearing a bite suit is just tempting fate. The Fila is bred to subdue a human threat quickly without any more physical damage than is necessary to stop and hold, so theoretically, a baiter should be fairly safe without the full suit, but, as with everything, one can't 100% reliably predict exactly how a dog will react - one of the reasons these tests are given, eh?
Yep. You can see the scared look on that guys face Even with full bait suit bites hurt.

I wouldnt want to be on the opposite side of a guard dog. I also find disturibing how alot of people put so much faith in their dogs, when in reality only small % would actually bite an attacker/s.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Felurian

My faith in my GSDs has been well rewarded in the past. They've probably saved me at least a couple of times. Especially Purdue, the first one. I got accosted by a man who'd evidently been stalking us when I'd walk the dog. When he got close enough, Poo lunged - and if I'd turned loose of the leash he'd have been a eunuch. Odd thing, the GSDs I've had seem to go for the groin, lol! I don't like putting myself or my dogs in a situation where we have to act, but it is good to know they will. Of course, Purdue was farm-bred, and Bear was a GSD/Akita cross. Big had been mistreated and so was very defensive if he felt I was threatened in any way. Little Bimmer's unique.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2005, 12:23 PM
user not active

Ideally a dog should go for top i.e. shoulders/neck.

Groin is very good place to stop a male attacker.

If a dog goes for legs then it shouldnt be bred.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Felurian

Heh, heh . . . you'd like Bimmer. On the couple of occasions someone has come up to the farm who didn't belong there I got to watch him. Word has gotten out about a few of the project cars Charley has stored and every once in awhile someone will slip up and try to poke around. (We are just a few miles from the next county, where car theft is only semi-jokingly referred to as the second largest industry) Poking around the farm is not a very intelligent thing to do, lol! While the grrrrls have everyone's attention, Bimmer circles silently around to the back . . . They know when someone is all right and when they aren't. They'll allow the guys from the farm co-op to come up and deliver things - but they don't allow anyone to take anything!

It's neat to see them work together too. If they hear something at night, Bimmer and one of the grrrrls go out to see what it is and the second Fila stays and guards the door - or me if I've walked outside, although they don't like it when I do that and will try to keep me inside the door.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian