Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-02-2005, 01:03 PM
K-9 lover ;)

Default very sad day

Today is the one year anniversary of Rudy's passing. I just haven't been able to think about anything else except him. I just miss him soooo much! I think that my fiance must not remember the date because he hasn't said anything about it. My mom (the best mom in the world) sent me flowers to work today...I was so surprised. I will have to write more later....I can't hardly see the keys to type. Sorry.
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix
Old 06-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry for your dog, you'll get used to his passing eventually tho. My cat (which acted like a dog) passed when I was 6 (he was poisoned), I cried so much for him. But eventually got used to it. Also, my grandpa's dog passed "Buddy", one of the nicest dogs ever. He adored me, he was so sweet to other people also... He reminded me of a little kid. Sadly he died, his heart stopped. That was tough for me, also, now I'm fine. I still miss him, but I have accepted his lost.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Top Dog

I still miss my Bubba...............
Old 06-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

I am so sorry Roni, I know how hard it is. I still have a tender place in my heart for both my dogs that have passed even though it has been years and years. It does get better, but you can ALWAYS remember them and if you need to shed a tear even in 10 years about it, it is ok, and perfectly natural.

That was very thoughtful of your mother to send you those flowers, what a wonderful heart she must have! It is the people that love us that help us get through those tough times, so I am so glad you have her.

I am sure your fiance just didn't remember. Guys aren't usually like that. I can barely get my husband to remember my birthday and we have been married for 2 years, and together for 6 (since right before I was 21). On a lighter note, I am anxious to see if he remembers it next week.

I really am sorry, and I know how hard it is. It is ok to cry all you want and to be upset. Our dogs are like children to us, so it is perfectly natural to mourn them. If you need to cry anymore, feel free, I will be glad to listen.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

ohhh I know the first couple of years are the toughest. Its not a bad thing to dwindle on thinking of Rudy though. Be happy with his memories he left behind. (((((HUGS))))))) and Cheers to Rudy!
Old 06-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Big Dog

You do have a great Mom to remember how painful today would be for you, I'm on the verge of tears myself. Dont get upset with your fiance, men dont remember important dates, we must always remind them. Do something special today, maybe plant a bush or something in Rudy's memory. I hope you'll be feeling better soon, it takes time, and you will never forget him.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Felurian

I still cry over each and every one . . . and I've had a dog since I was a baby and cats since I was 8. The grief gets softer, and the memories remain sweet through the years.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-02-2005, 01:47 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Me too (((((hugs))))) it is good to be remembered in such a way tho..i know my Bronki would never want me to forget.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-02-2005, 02:06 PM
no touchy

I'm sorry . I have never lost a dog, but I have lost other pets, and I know how hard it is.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:50 PM
K-9 lover ;)

Thanks so much ya'll for your support. Rudy was (like bogolove said) like my kid. I would take him to my mom's on my way to work and she would babysit him all day. He hated to be alone. She was very close to him also. I hated to let him go but he was hurting and I had refused to see it for so long. He had a tumor in his head. But he held on just for me. I really appreciate ya'll letting me talk about him...it helps.
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix