Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 06-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Top Dog

Default Bad breath

Not sure it's the right forum, but you might be able to help me.

Boris has two bad habits (among others ) - eat the cat poop outside (the litterbox is hidden from him inside, but he still finds the poops outside), and eat whatever dead rodent my cat leaves outside (I move them when I find them, but sometimes I miss one - thanksfully it doesn't happen very often).

In both cases, his breath is terrible afterwards. Do you know any treats/toys that help breath? I usually use greenies or their equivalent, but they are not that efficient.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 AM

Can't help with good smelling treats.........but LOL, I DO know where you are coming from regarding the cat poop thingy. Renee has managed to convince me that it isn't all that bad..........................just people gross! Maybe his breath has something to do with what he eats otherwise, too????? (I am just thinking of those loving doggie kisses they want to give.........after cat poop delights...YUK!!!) LOL
Old 06-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Felurian

Mine eat calf poop, so I know about bad breath What I don't know is how to get rid of it quickly. Well, that's not entirely true. It usually goes away after they have a big drink of water.

Don't know how you'd get dogs to chew mint leaves, lol!

I'll move this to the health forum for you. You should get better responses there.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-02-2005, 12:06 PM
no touchy

I feed my girls raw bones. They clean the teeth and freshen breath. Some feed daily, but I feed basically weekly--if I fed them each a bone a day, it'd be twenty one bones a week.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Top Dog

NOVALDENT or ORALDENT it can be found in any pet supply catalogue It is an antiseptic mount rinse (like Listerine for humans) it kills germs and bad breath instantly. It is safe and made for dogs and cats. It is also a good alternative to brushing teeth and has kept the pug mouths around here very healthy!! I give Hanna a little squirt in her mouth after I know that she is guilty of enjoying some fresh tootsie rolls...kills the poop breath everytime Here is a link so you can look at it http://www.1800petmeds.com/pgroup.as...ing%20Solution
Old 06-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Active Pup

I use oxyfresh in drinking water and give my group raw meaty bones from the butcher

Show Samoyeds

Oxyfresh Independent Distributor
Old 06-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Top Dog

I know TOki ate his poop one day and it smelled horrible. I hurry up and brushed his teeth and then give him some canned food then the smell went away. HAHAHA
Old 06-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Top Dog

They do sell 'special' bones at the pet store that are suppposed to leave your dog with fresher breath. I've never tried one so I wouldn't know if they work or not.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Not crazy...

Be careful, becuase he can get worms from cat poo, and all sorts of bad things from dead rodents.

Buster, 11 weeks