Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 08-16-2004, 08:10 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
Bug, there are tons of sites that provide wonderful information on canine nutrition. Please let me know specifically (kibble, home-cooked, raw) what you are looking for and I would be happy to post the links.
I've been looking at sites on my own, been thinking about switiching over to home-cooked meals for Maddie. I can't live with myself knowing about the stuff that could be in my dog food knowing I could fix something for her that would be in my control. I also hope to control calories because of Maddie's slight wieght problem (I need to do something! It seems that she is stuck at the weight she's at! ) I'm sick of feeding her dry dog food that doesn't seem to do anything but fill her up for a couple hours. The vet keeps telling me to feed her less, but she's hungry all the time! Stuff she wouldn't dare do when she wasn't starving she's starting. Like checking out the trash, and she's so smart she's opening kitchen cubbords... I can see it in her eyes and in her actions. I feel like I'm neglecting her and I belong on animal cops
Is there any less nutrients in food if its cooked? (or: which is better hahaha)
I'd love to see those links, so I can prepare and know what I'm doing.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o