Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Water Junkie

# of dogs --- 1 (BC/Aussie mix)
age of dog --- 3 years 3 months.
list and $ of any activities. ---- We've been to 2 Ob classes costing $100 each. Then we have been to 4 agility classes costing $40 each, totaling $160. (but we got about 3 agility classes free)
amount spent on food/monthly --- $20
amount spent on toys/monthly --- $5-$10
amount spent on necessities (other than food)/monthly --- $40 ( Vet visit, Heartworm, Frontline)
amount spent on vacations if you take your dog with and how much it cots to have the dogs go with, OR, amount spent on boarding/not monthly, unless you take a lot of vacations. --- Our dogs stay home, and we have some one coming to watch them for free. Otherwise it would be about $10 a day at the vet.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Thanks everyone!

Keep 'em coming please!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:34 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
Soo... I'm working on a project and need some help.

What I would need is:

# of dogs (1 Great Dane)

age of dogs (2 years of age)

list and $ of any activities (agility, showing, etc) dogs are involved in/monthly (just rescue volunteering appearances - no cost aside from Gas)

amount spent on food/monthly ($120)

amount spent on toys/monthly (Approximately $20 though some months we may splurge)

amount spent on necessities (other than food)/monthly (Medications: $215)

amount spent on vacations if you take your dog with and how much it cots to have the dogs go with, OR, amount spent on boarding/not monthly, unless you take a lot of vacations. (Haven't been on vacation since we've had Hannah aside from the occasional trip to the mountains, where she travels with us and doesn't cost anything)

If you buy your supplies in bulk, you can give that info as well, but please let me know how long your "bulk" lasts for. (Treats and chewies, marrow bones, etc - approximately $50.00 per month)

I would like someone with one, two dogs, three dogs, and then four or more dogs. I would also like to know size of breeds, small, medium, large, giant, etc.. as that will definitely play a factor in food amounts, etc. (Hannah is a, um, giant breed....der. )

You can PM it to me or include it here. No names necessary (i.e. dog #1)and a rough estimate is okay, as long as it's somewhat accurate and not something like "give or take $100".

TIA!

Hope this helps with your project.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Old 08-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Top Dog

# of dogs = 4

age of dogs = 9, 7, 2, 1

list and $ of any activities = conformation showing approx $50 per month

amount spent on food/monthly = $100

amount spent on toys/monthly = $ 15

amount spent on necessities (other than food)/monthly = $25

amount spent on vacations if you take your dog with and how much it cots to have the dogs go with, OR, amount spent on boarding/not monthly, unless you take a lot of vacations. = in home pet sitter $84 per day.

Breed size = 3 toys (under 20 lbs) and 1 medium (50 lbs.)

Did I miss anything?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
cuckoo

# of dogs = 3
1 hound mix 3yrs old 90+ lb.
2 chi mix (brothers) 10 mo. old 7& 8 lb.
No formal training or activities
Food average $80 to $100
Toys $15
Treats $15
Vet bills = $198 a piece for shots (Yearly average) No health issues otherwise.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Puppy Dog

Okay, I'll be basing this off of what our family pays. Blitz is sponsered, so his sponsers pay for most everything.

# of dogs: 1
age of dogs: almost 5 months
list and $ of any activities (agility, showing, etc) dogs are involved in/monthly:If obedience classes count, I am taking one in september, and the cost for the eight week course is 150, but the sponsers are paying 100 of it.
amount spent on food/monthly:0 dollars. (Sponsers pay)
amount spent on toys/monthly: Now this I pay for. I'd say...Maybe fifteen/twenty dollars??
amount spent on necessities (other than food)/monthly:Leashes, collars, beds, that kind of stuff, about twenty dollars a month, since I only get that kind of stuff every once in a while. (It's not like I get a new collar every month LOL)
amount spent on vacations if you take your dog with and how much it cots to have the dogs go with, OR, amount spent on boarding/not monthly, unless you take a lot of vacations:Seeing as it is a guide dog in training, there is no extra charge to take my puppy. (He hasn't gone anywhere big yet though, since he is still so young.)

Thankyou Spiritus!

Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

Gosh, I wish I could help you out too Nikki. But I've never figured it out. The mere prospect of being enlightened terrifies me....what with Lyric's special needs in particular. Four dogs takes a lot. Maybe I'll add it all up one of these days and let you know.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
# of dogs
One GSD mix (medium breed)
age of dogs
18 months
list and $ of any activities (agility, showing, etc) dogs are involved in/monthly
None at the moment
amount spent on food/monthly
$40.00 then treats an extra $25
amount spent on toys/monthly
$30
amount spent on necessities (other than food)/monthly
130.00 every 6 months (heartworm and frontline)
Unless you count last month which added up to around 500.00 +

amount spent on vacations if you take your dog with and how much it cots to have the dogs go with, OR, amount spent on boarding/not monthly, unless you take a lot of vacations.
None at the moment
Hope that helps my answers are in red

Last edited by jess2416; 08-03-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

# of dogs 1

age of dogs just turned one year

list and $ of any activities (agility, showing, etc) dogs are involved in/monthly
nothing that organized!

amount spent on food/monthly including treats about $20
amount spent on toys/monthly $20 (she keeps destroying them)
amount spent on necessities (other than food)/monthly $15- Frontline
amount spent on vacations if you take your dog with and how much it cots to have the dogs go with, OR, amount spent on boarding/not monthly, unless you take a lot of vacations. If we drive, we take her and make sure to get a hotel that allows dogs (or we camp); if we cannot take her, the boarding place costs $32 per night
Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Chihuahua Power!

# of dogs: 3
age of dogs: 2, 1, 1
amount spent on food/monthly: $25
amount spent on toys/monthly: $10-15
amount spent on necessities (other than food)/monthly: $10 if just Interceptor, about $30 if they are on flea control for the summer months
amount spent on vacations if you take your dog with and how much it cots to have the dogs go with, OR, amount spent on boarding/not monthly, unless you take a lot of vacations. My parents watch them when we go away, so no expenses.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep