Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Felurian

Start looking at what kind of housing is available there. With the internet it should be a lot easier than it used to be!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
did u ever read my charlie post in rainbow bridge?
That was so sad I almost cried. It's just horrible to think of what some people do to our beloved dogs. I just got done giving lucas and Chloe a BIG hur and kiss and I hope I never give them up. I'll try my hardest to keep them safe and stay with me. I don't want them to get hurt I love them so much. I feel horrible even thinking about giving them to anyone else.

I'm gonna start looking at housing and maybe if I can manage a job I could pay for a apartment or house that would let me take Chloe and Lucas and then they could be with me, and maybe roomates if possible.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Felurian

If you're going to try for pre-med, there are usually other pre-med students who are looking for roommates so they don't have to live in a noisy dorm. Lots of studying!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
If you're going to try for pre-med, there are usually other pre-med students who are looking for roommates so they don't have to live in a noisy dorm. Lots of studying!
Ok that's good news. Then it might not be as hard to find some roomates. How early do you think I can start looking for roomates?
Probably not till the end of highschool huh?

I've already started doing some essays for the admission applications and looking at application fee's and trying to save all my money.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Felurian

You be sure to get your counselors to help you find scholarships! Nag if you have to. You'll need to have some back-up colleges too.

UT-Knoxville has a one of the better med programs in the country as well - and there's plenty of off-campus housing available.

CreatureTeacher lives in one of the cities in Colorado with a college or university - you might ask her about it too.

I've got to stagger off to bed - been staying up too late

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
You be sure to get your counselors to help you find scholarships! Nag if you have to. You'll need to have some back-up colleges too.

UT-Knoxville has a one of the better med programs in the country as well - and there's plenty of off-campus housing available.

CreatureTeacher lives in one of the cities in Colorado with a college or university - you might ask her about it too.

I've got to stagger off to bed - been staying up too late

Ok I will be sure to nag those couselers lol
Actually the couselers like me very much. She says I'm a great student, but a little quiet. Anyways I'll talk to her abou that and will do some reasearch on UT-Knoxville to see what that has.

Thanks for the help and be careful!. We don't want you to fall on your way to bed
Old 06-02-2005, 02:05 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

don't forget assisted living too..there are a lot of older people that need a hand, and might have a yard or garage appt just to have someone around to help out..it is just one more option. You have a year to check everything out twice..(that leaping before you look that i never learned until i got older..haha)

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
don't forget assisted living too..there are a lot of older people that need a hand, and might have a yard or garage appt just to have someone around to help out..it is just one more option. You have a year to check everything out twice..(that leaping before you look that i never learned until i got older..haha)
Ohhh smkie that's a good idea! I would have no problem helping someone out, depending on if the person was nice, if they needed it and me getting a place to stay. That would be awesome! I'll defientely check around! thanks!
Old 06-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Big Dog

I'm starting college in the fall and, like you, I was really unhappy about being sentenced to a life without dogs. I researched over a year ahead of time, though, and was able to find housing that allowed large pets, it IS possible, just do your work ahead of time. Also, some colleges require freshmen to live in the dorms, so definitely check your school's policies before going to the trouble of finding housing in that area.

Good luck with your admissions process!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Thank you GSD. I'm a junior right now so I still have a year to look.