Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Top Dog

I was cornered in the neighbor's Wolf/GSD mix, Penny, when I was about 10 or so. I went over the fence to get a ball, and she wasn't supposed to be out, and suddenly, she was there, and I had to be rescued by her owners. She was pretty big, but not even remotely as big as another neighbor's purebred GSD, "Zonia" imported from Austria, she was the biggest one I have ever seen. But she was really mean. She bit the mailman up once and they had to pay him off. She lived to be very old, like 16 or 17 and seemed to be fine and just went to sleep and died in her doghouse one day.

Her owners swore up and down they weren't going to get another dog, but a month later, they came home with a yellow Lab pup, who grew to be huge and one of my favorites in the neighborhood, he and my Beagle were big buddies.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Felurian

That must have been pretty unnerving to be cornered like that! I've never had a dog that wouldn't have done the same thing if someone had climbed over the fence into the back yard though. That's what they are supposed to do. The German Shepherds would probably have just kept someone pinned in the corner and not done any damage as long as the trespasser stayed put, but the Terrier would have bitten . . . and bitten and bitten and bitten and bitten She thought she was a BIG dog

Come to think of it, everyone WAS afraid of her, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDFan05
Wow, he is definitely one handsome dog, very regal looking. And that picture of your girls is TOO cute!
Thanks! I think he's pretty special too, lol!

And don't think for a minute those two grrrrls don't know how cute they are and use it every chance they get You'll notice who is pushing who out of her spot too!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Top Dog

Wow, I have heard of these dogs, but never thought you could buy one... but why would anyone buy one?!?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Top Dog

Richie1234--- your picture is really cute, I just love those puppies.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Top Dog

lol, thank you, I did a google search on pitbulls. I am planning to show different breeds of puppies every 2 days, just for fun.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:45 PM
stirder

I have owned one before, a high wolf content cross, part german shepherd. I may own one again someday, but I absolutely am against breeding them. confused? the one I had, and any I have in the future (if I do), came from a wolf dog recue group. they foster wolf dogs seized from abuse cases, and from owners who for whatever reason couldnt keep it anymore. they also provide permanent sanctuary homes for individuals who are not adoptable.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Big German Shepherd

I'd like to experience having one. But... I mean like someone else pointed if you're looking for a wolf-like look you can easily find that in a lot of breeds.

But anyway, I don't agree with the breeding of them... but once they're born, they're born.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Jerk.

Years ago a friend had on, no idea where he got him.This dog was the biggest softy I have ever seen. The mailman maced him and he kept waging his tail, scratching at his eyes still wanted to be friendly with the mailman. Out hiking he got landed on jumping down a small drop, no problem tail wagging. Kryptos actually bit a child once, spent 7 days quarentined during whitch a neighbor who witnessed the biting came forward saying the child was bitten after beating the dog with a decent size stick for close to 20 minutes. After the bite Kryptos still was friendly and wanted to play with the kid.

Would I own one? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin