Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
All dogs like to dig holes... it's just part of being a dog. My Eli used to dig holes to lay in because of the cool earth. Others dug just to dig. It's not a breed thing. You can always cover them up later.
ok, thx
Old 06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

I just want to thank EVERYBODY for giving me all this information! I can't tell you guys how thankful I am right now. I am so glad I found this place!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
We're glad you found us too, Richie! You're great, and I know you'll get the dog you deserve!
Thanks! Unfortunately, the chances of me getting a greyhound is slim. My dad won't let me get a greyhound because he says those dogs are specifically bred for running, and having him in a medium sized yard is torture. I don't know right now, I told him I would let him play in Carmel Creek (a school that has a massive field), but he won't listen. He's very stubborn, I don't know what to say.

Whatever. The odds are stacked against me! (my mom is with my dad). Any help? I will look at greyhound sites to see if I can find anything.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

but ou have to think about it this way. richie seems like a boy, it may be hard for him to falll in love for the retired greyhound only to realize it only has 4 yrs left to live, i still think he should check out a rescue but for a younger dog, maybe a golden retreiver X or labX are great first dogs
Old 06-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
I'm still pulling in the direction of a good mutt, Richie. In my opinion, mutts are the best "breed"!!
what makes them special? Are they active? I was thinking about an intelligent dog, are mutts smart? How about Terriers, or do they need a lot of attention?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA
but ou have to think about it this way. richie seems like a boy, it may be hard for him to falll in love for the retired greyhound only to realize it only has 4 yrs left to live, i still think he should check out a rescue but for a younger dog, maybe a golden retreiver X or labX are great first dogs
Yeah, I am a 12 year old boy, been wanting a companion because my friends can't hang out with me forever. Dogs seem really fun also, it's like they would do anything for their owner, unlike cats. I own a cat, but she treats me like dirt
Old 06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA
That is SUCH a MYTH! First of all, they retire greyhounds pretty early, anyway. Second of all, you're never guaranteed how long ANY dog or pup you get will live.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
That is SUCH a MYTH! First of all, they retire greyhounds pretty early, anyway. Second of all, you're never guaranteed how long ANY dog or pup you get will live.
Speaking of myths, are heard some owners kill, or abondon their greyhounds if they keep on losing races. Is this true?