Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
If not a Greyhound (although in my world they ARE small dogs, lol), then maybe a retired Whippet or Italian Greyhound. They have so many of the same characteristics, just in smaller packages.
really? I always thought they were big. I have never seen one, to tell you the truth. So, nevermind, I talk to my parents about getting a greyhound!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Top Dog

Greyhounds are good sized, Rickie, but Renee has Fila Brasilieros, which could give a WHALE a run for its money!! When you're used to 200 pound dogs, 60 pounds doesn't sound like a lot!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
Richie, let your dad know that dog sizes versus their energy level can be kind of couter-intuitive. If it's an issue of not enough space, then you should absolutely go smaller. But if you're looking for less trouble, larger dogs like we've been suggesting tend to be a lot more stable and calm. At this point, I'd definitely take a few trips to the local shelter with your dad and visit the mutts. I'm very excited for you! I hope this all comes to fruition!
alright, my dad must have not known that (he isn't really a dog expert or anything ). Thank you for telling me this! It will help a lot
Old 06-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
Greyhounds are good sized, Rickie, but Renee has Fila Brasilieros, which could give a WHALE a run for its money!! When you're used to 200 pound dogs, 60 pounds doesn't sound like a lot!
Oh! Well, that makes a lot of sense, now! , lol
Old 06-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Felurian

ROFL! They aren't quite 200 pounders Around the neighborhood of 120-140 for the delicate little girls. Kharma's father is a 170 monster though. If you find someone breeding 200 pound Filas, you avoid them like the plague . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Top Dog

just a question, if I get two dogs, they wouldn't really be lonely right? I'm gone 6 hours a day, and even though my dad will be at home. Sometimes he has to leave, and he has to work and can't pay attention to the dogs. Anyways, if I get two dogs, will they still be unhappy and destructive?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Top Dog

I would start with just one. If you get a stable adult, 6 hours alone every few days isn't a huge deal. You'll have to give him plenty to do while you're gone, but going from no dogs to two dogs is a HUGE leap. Lots of folks think they'll jsut amuse each other, but twice the dog is twice the work, twice the cost, twice the responsibility, and twice the trouble! You can always add another dog at a later time, once you know your dog well enough to understand how he'll react to another dog.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Top Dog

oh, ok, thanks. Yeah, I am just scared that he/she (I want a boy, but my mom wants a girl ) will be alone.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:04 PM
no touchy

Is she SURE she wants a girl?? Heh, well, if you do get a girl, make sure you get a nice one....I've got three girls, they can be real picky little boogies at times....
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
Is she SURE she wants a girl?? Heh, well, if you do get a girl, make sure you get a nice one....I've got three girls, they can be real picky little boogies at times....
lol, I will tell her that