Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 07-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Custom User Title

Default Amazing, a pro Pitbull article on CNN

This is CNN's top story currently

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayof...rss_topstories
Old 07-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Twin 2.0

Gamedogs.com had better set up some defenses...they're going to get overrun with people checking in to see what's up.

This was a pretty good article, I do like how they make a big distinction between culture and race. This actually came up on the morning show on the station I listen to. This guy called in complaining that the only reason Vick is being prosecuted is because he's black, blah blah blah. This is also the same guy who had a problem with the massive police hunt a couple months ago looking for Kelsey Smith, who was a white teenager (and daughter of a cop). Anyway, he was running his mouth off again, so I called in and said that if he wants to make it a race issue, go for it, but blame your own race. They're the ones who took a dog that used to be owned by presidents, starred in TV shows, was known as the nanny dog and boasted the most highly decorated war dog ever and made it into this paragon of gangsta thug machoism.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Back of the Pack

I can see gamedogs getting alot of hatemail in the near future.

Interesting article and very surprising to see somebody defending the pitbull like that.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Top Dog

The article itself was pretty racist, but I like that it was pro pit.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Ruled by a RED boy!

~QUOTE~ The blood sport has operated underground for years, but many agree the hip hop use of pit bull images moved it out of the shadows -- and the Vick case placed it at center stage.

I totally AGREE with this statement! Being that I live in Boston and lots of pitbulls are in the inner city where their is gang activity, drugs, and illegal weapons. Pitbulls are very common in the troubled areas of town where thug life is prevelant thanks to rappers like DMX who has a big following of his music and has used several pitbulls in a negative light in his videos.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:14 PM
koko

Unhappy Sad!

I hate how people do that! Its so wrong! What IS wrong with people? In this article I liked that they give bitbulls a GOOD wrape. I just can't beleive people! its makes me SO MAD!!!!!!!!!

*Welcome*
to a world where being JUST your self is NEVER enough

If it didnt matter you wouldnt be thinking about it!

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because your all the same....

It may be true that we dont know what we have until we've lost it
but it is also true that we dont know what we're missing until we've found it.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst
Old 07-26-2007, 03:59 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Ugh, I do not appreciate the way that article uses break sticks as if they are a fighting tool. That is not what they are, and I know plenty of extremely responsible owners who have them.

Now people are going to be looking at them as if they are fighting tools. Great.

My Polyvore
Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Gadget Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
Ugh, I do not appreciate the way that article uses break sticks as if they are a fighting tool. That is not what they are, and I know plenty of extremely responsible owners who have them.
OK, I'll bite, I guess the article has me fooled too. Why would you need a break stick if you had a happy non-aggressive Buster Brown type pit bull?....

Nevermind, I just googled and found this on the APBR site:

Why Every Responsible Pit Bull Owner Needs a Break Stick
Because pit bull dogs have been bred for their fighting abilities and can cause serious injury to other dogs if a fight is not broken up quickly and efficiently. Keep in mind that most dogs fight differently than pit bull dogs. A pit bull's inherent reaction in the heat of a fight is the one of a Terrier with a prey. The pit bull will work to get a solid grip and then hold and shake. This is quite different than most other types of dogs who do a lot of random biting, growling and barking but will most likely quit when their opponent shows signs of submission. In many cases, a non-pit bull fight will be a lot of noise and snapping jaws, usually resulting in little damage. Since a pit bull will firmly grip and hold its victim, break sticks have been designed to break their grip. This is the safest, easiest and most effective way to stop a pit bull fight. No responsible owner should be without one.

This does seem to somewhat contradict an argument that behavior is all environment and no genetics. But a break stick sounds like a good thing to have if your dog in contact with others.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Gamedogs.com had better set up some defenses...they're going to get overrun with people checking in to see what's up.
gamedogs.com has been shut down for a few months now.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Twin 2.0

Oh. I'm out of the loop. Guess they don't have to worry then.