Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Active Pup

Not to make light of the dog biting, but the first sentence in the article says "dog bit a LAWYER..." those owners are in BIG trouble....
Old 06-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Happy

Reading between the lines of the article, though, are hints that the owners are trash. In which case, they're more familiar with the court system, their rights and the odds of beating out a victory than any lawyer ever born. In any case, the only way the owners would be in automatic trouble would be if the victim was a cop or an animal control officer. The same agencies that typically shrug helplessly when other people get attacked react very agressively when they're threatened.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Kelpiefied

"Jogger should know better, if someone was trying to run behind me and overtake me withing inches of me, my dog would take care of that person real quick. Luckily for stupid joggers my head moves 360 degree's at all times."

I would never let my dog get to the point were he would "take care of" a jogger that passed me too closely. Hopefully you meant he would just bark.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:41 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridey_01
"Jogger should know better, if someone was trying to run behind me and overtake me withing inches of me, my dog would take care of that person real quick. Luckily for stupid joggers my head moves 360 degree's at all times."

I would never let my dog get to the point were he would "take care of" a jogger that passed me too closely. Hopefully you meant he would just bark.

If a jogger snuk up on us and surprised me and my dog, and if that was at night. What I wrote was poorly worded, at that i take fault.

... And As i said, Im ALWAYS on look out for things coming our way and its nearly impossible to surprise me unless the jogger fell out of the sky.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Jerk.

Im tired.

If the dog was off leash in a public area the owner should pay all medical and possibly have to rehome the dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 06-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Kelpiefied

Lets hope no stupid joggers decide to go sky diving on you orion.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:55 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridey_01
Lets hope no stupid joggers decide to go sky diving on you orion.

Lets hope people are not as stupid as they seem
Old 06-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Disappointed :(

I just looked at the news page link and saw that the dog had been ordered out of the area, and confined to an indoor kennel.

From a legal/process point of view, does anyone see what the first part achieves? Is it NIMBY (not in my back yard) attitude? Why does it matter where the dog is if it has to be confined indoors?

Of course, if the owner had the dog confined/leashed in the first place the incident would have been avoided - so the 'answer' as reported is to do this -- but in a different town? Does it actually mean that the dog has gone 'into care'?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Happy

Getting the dog out of town achieves 2 things - it placates the victim, who no longer has to worry about the dog being in his hometown, and it lets the local cops and animal control off the hook for monitoring the dog in the future. It's the short-term solution - shut the complainaint up and give the authorities an out for future problems. The indoor kennel business, which I'm assuming means an enclosure inside the house instead of a kennel run in the yard, is another clever way to avoid responsibility for the safety of the dog's neighbors and community. If the kennel's inside the owner's house, it can't be easily seen by authorities. AKA, no possibility of the town/county having liability when the dog attacks someone else. Property rights always seem to triumph when a dog attacks someone. Personally, I think the owners in a bad attack should have to prove they deserve to retain possession of their pet.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

This story brings to mind something similar that happened with a dog I knew. A guy I worked with at the vet clinic owned a VERY sweet pitbull mix. This dog was adorable, young and never aggressive towards anyone. One day he had his dog out front with him off leash while he was washing his car. A jogger ran by and sure enough his dog chased her down and bit her. This was indeed an "out of the blue" act. This was a nice, neutered and well trained dog. I think this boils down to the fact that dogs like to and will chase certain things. He unfortunatley had his dog euthanized over this one incident and the lady was not even badly injured. In his mind, he could not believe that his dog was capable of this and did not want the responsibility involved.