Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

not you
To sunnypup who said
" I am sick of the "I have money so I deserve better then you " attitude. So what if mom pays 5000 to go see a friggen bird. I'm sorry, if you have that kind of money to throw away go do something useful with it and make the world a better place. Don't go complain because a dog is doing what a dog does in HIS environment."

I hate to break it to her but her puppys natural envirmonet is NOT yellowstone or glacier or whatever other park. Leave a dog there for a couple weeeks and see if it makes it. I doubt it.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Top Dog

o ok lol... i see you make a good point joce!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose's Gal
Well, I'm not going to blame the dog, or the jogger...how about this instead....STUPID FREAK'N OWNER!!! He shouldn't be letting this dog run loose in the first place!!!!! Even if it is freindly!!! A dog shouldn't just go up and bite somebody in the stomach for no reason!!! That guy was right, what if it was a child? That kid would probably be dead. That dog needs to be rehomed to somebody who will actually take care of it and be responsible. Stupid owner....
I agree with you 100%
Old 06-03-2005, 10:46 PM
BusterLove

just saying one more thing about this, including my own story. While some dogs can be dangerous. Others are great.

My sister and I were walking all our three dogs on leads along our street when a cattle dog mix came out and tried to attack us, we were always told just to drop the leads because sophie is huge and can look after herself. and with daisy just drag her back because she only weighs 5 kg and will take on anything. Buster was only a pup then and so when this dog came out (grace was walking sophie and I the other two) Ijust dropped both leads and moved and Buster and daisy followed me away (thank god) and grace let go of sophie and went to move and ... ran into a pole.

Now she is on the ground and this dog actually came to attack her and this sounds like it came out of a "lassie" movie but it actually happened. As this dog lunged at Grace, Sophie jumped in front of her and the dog backed down.

Meanwhile, the dogs family was just a few metres away. and a 3 YEAR OLD was just outside aswell. This dog WAS a family pet but it got over protective. Nothing bad happened because Sophie knew what to do.

I hope we never end up with the idea of walking your dogs in public areas is wrong becasue I know that whenever I walk, I am excercising myself an my dog as well and having a little extra security. This is not an argument to either side of this debate but I just wanted to let you know about that story.

Old 06-04-2005, 07:11 AM
Top Dog

As been stated many times in this post - We HAVE to be responsible as dog owners. This is not infringing on our rights, it is protecting the rights of everyone. I'm sorry, but it is not the jogger's responsibility to 'not run in front of a house that has a dog that might attack him'! We are blaming the victim if you think that.

I had the sweetest lab/beagle mix you'd ever want to meet. But, every once in while, he would meet someone he did NOT like. He never bit anyone but he came close. It was my responsbilty to keep him away from people we did not know, which I did with ease. If I had ever let him out in the front yard unsupervised and he's gone and bit a jogger. That would have been my fault. Not the jogger's, no matter what his reaction would've been when the dog started to attack.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

hmmm..interesting......
Old 06-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Happy

Ignoring the clearly mad idea that the jogger is to blame, the biggest difference of opinion here seems to be whether or not you can 'blame' a dog for bad behavior, or if it's all on the owner. While I agree that the owners here appear to be extremely unlikeable people, I believe that refusing to grant dogs the responsibility for their own actions is akin to refusing to grant them the ability to feel pain as we used to do back in the bad old days when vivisection was legal and dog pounds killed dogs by drowning them. Dogs are not innocents, they're animals with faculties that differ from ours. Different doesn't mean more pure, or less capable of malice. Many dogs are raised badly, treated callously, and never bite. Though man may have had a hand in creating a disaster, it's rarely that creator who suffers the consequences. It's usually some jogger, child or other dog who gets to reap the whirlwind.

As to the 'rescue the dog from bad owners' theory, I can't see it. With canine population being what it is, and good dogs getting pts every day for lack of homes, how moral is it to rehome/'rescue' dogs who have proven themselves a serious danger to humans and other animals? In limited circumstances, when an experienced and responsible person is willing to undertake a difficult dog, ok. But to suggest that it be done in every case, which I've seen people advocate here and elsewhere, is impractical at best.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Top Dog

[QUOTE]While I agree that the owners here appear to be extremely unlikeable people, [QUOTE]
Old 06-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

[QUOTE=casablanca1] While I agree that the owners here appear to be extremely unlikeable people,[QUOTE]
DO YOU MEAN THE PEOPLE AT CHAZHOUND CASABLANCA
Old 06-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Happy

I was talking about the owners of the Akita mix, lea.