Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 07-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Fishies!

But... Pacman had previous convictions, and was arrested 9 other times before he was involved in a shooting.

The thing is, no one gave Goodell the authority to suspend a first time offender, before conviction.The union would be very upset.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
The thing is, no one gave Goodell the authority to suspend a first time offender, before conviction.The union would be very upset.
Agreed, and rightly so. It kind of throws out the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

But if he is guilty, I hope he's banned for life and ends up as somebody's wife in prison.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Jerk.

Nike has already suspended the planned M Vick line of products.

As for guilty or not, those who made the point that it is up to the NFL to decide his proffesional fate have it correctly. If the NFL sees the petition and the bad press as enough of a negative to the league they will ban him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 07-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Puppy Dog

First off, any online petition is useless. If it is not a petition that requires a personal signature with the name and address of the signer, then it is worthless to the NFL as well as any court. So, it is a waste of time to fill out that petition. You would be better off sending a letter to the NFL with your signature on it. Even if it was a form letter that you could print out, sign and then mail off. it takes some effort but would prove more benificial than an on line petition that any one can fake signatures on.

On a side note, it is my belief that as an NFL player and influence to others, he should be suspended pending the results of the trial. In my job (I am the director of security for a company in Minnesota), I would be suspended immediately if I was accused of a crime. Professional sports stars should be held to the same standards.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Back of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
But... Pacman had previous convictions, and was arrested 9 other times before he was involved in a shooting.

Actually they did. The union gave Goodell the authority to excersize punitive actions against anybody first time offender or not as he sees fit.
The union can lodge an appeal, but the decision of the appeal is also made by Goodell.

Again... autocracy not democracy rules in the NFL.
You can try and apply the innocent until proven guilty all you want, but past history indicates that your guilty until enough time has passed that they can slip you back into the organisation without people really noticing.
Nobody wants one of there star players with the kind of publicity Vick is bringing, not the owners not the players. They will ban him now and if he's proven innocent, let him back in later when nobodys really watching anymore.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Show Dog

Personally, I think this writer has it correct:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/07/19/sit.vick/1.html

The Falcons' ownership needs to step up and find a way to keep Vick off the field until this plays out.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Top Dog

All I know is that WHEN he's found guilty, he should be fined however much money he made in his NFL carreer. And banned from the NFL......
Old 07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Dog Crazy

Stunned Monkey. That is a fantastic piece. It says it all. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Four dogs and holding

Giny's right about not buying any "Vick Endorsed" products.

You can take it further by watching the Falcon games and making a note of who advertises on the telecasts.

Then write each sponsor letting them know that not only will you not ever again buy another one of their products, but as long as they sponsor Falcon games on TV you will make it a point to buy from their direct competitors.

Say Budweiser buys ad time on a Falcon telecast. Write Budweiser and tell them that you're through buying Bud, and from now on you're drinking Miller. Let them know it's because they support a team who supports Michael Vick.

It doesn't have to be true. Maybe you don't drink beer. But a little BS could go a long way.

If you're watching a Falcon game and see a commercial for Dodge Trucks, write Dodge a letter. Let them know you were going to buy a Dodge Truck, but because they support the Falcons, and the Falcons support Vick, you're going to buy a Chevrolet Truck instead.

Enough people mess with their money, or give the appearance their money's being messed with, and you will see results.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Jerk.

So now, with all the hoopla, thinks with all the news media, talk radio, and internet attention this case is getting Vick will get a fair trial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin