Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-31-2005, 12:47 AM
BusterLove

yeah, i grew up with dogs too, had six already, but we have always lived in town so once we get out we are getting sum maremas that'll be lovely...

Old 05-31-2005, 10:19 AM
no touchy

Hey and welcome to chazhound!

Dogs are a big responsibility. I have three spayed female dogs, medium in size. They take up quite a bit of my day--walking them, feeding them, giving them attention, cleaning up after them.... So it's important that you find whether you have enough time to take care of a dog. Puppies are even harder than adult dogs, because they get into EVERYTHING (and I mean everything).

What kind of dog would you like to get and why?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Big Dog

not sure mabye goldon o yeah please tell me ur age unless u have a personal reason

Last edited by lildogluver; 05-31-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Big Dog

i still have no idea on how to copy and paste pictures on my user name
Old 05-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

goldens are great dogs
Old 05-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Big Dog

so can u tell me ur age unless u have a personal reason because i feel safer if i no the peoples ages
Old 06-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Top Dog

Have you talked this over with your parents? They'd be pretty surprised if you showed up one day with a dog!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Big Dog

they say i might be able to get a dog
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Top Dog

The last thing I wanna do is put you down, but I dont know if you're quite ready for a dog. A dog is an enormous investment of time, not to mention money and energy. Are your parents prepared to spend money on dog food, chew toys, vaccinations, spaying/neutering, regular vet visits? There is a whole list of things that a dog needs to be healthy and happy, and the time you spend together is one of them. I believe you said you're in fourth grade, right? School will take up a lot of time. Who will take care of the dog while you are away? Also, are you prepared to wake up at 5:00 am in the morning to walk your dog? Don't forget to bring a bag, because you will be responsible for cleaning up your friend's messes. That means poop work will be a part of keeping your friend healthy and keeping your neighborhood beautiful and poop-free. I am 14 years old and I'm in the ninth grade and I hought long ago that I was ready for a dog. Turns out I wasnt. I got my best friend(Peanut) a few weeks back and keeping her healthy and happy has been a struggle. I am also in school, and I have to manage my time very carefully to make sure that Peanut is taken care of. I sometimes choose to stay home instead of hanging out with my friends because I know that Peanut needs me. I hope things work out for the best, and I hope you give a lot of careful thought to the idea of having a dog in the house.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

Nedim, you're a spectacular doggy friend. Peanut's so lucky to have you. I know a good number of adults who still don't realize what you already know about taking care of a dog. I really respect you for caring so well for Peanut.