Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-16-2007, 11:42 AM
woof!

Thumbs down Crazy myth about finding if yor dog is pure breed or a mut.

I don't know if this myth exist in other countries, but at least here in Honduras there's a Crazy myth about finding if yor dog is pure breed or a mut.

It consist on grabbing the skin over the shoulders of a dog (most lickely a puppy) and to carry it in the air by his/her skin, like a mom dog would do to carry a small puppy,

If the puppy cries is a mutt, if it dosen't is purebreed

This myth is ridiculus @-@, if it was true in all the breeds standars it will be this note in the disqualifations part

"Hold and carry the puppy by his/her skin, If the puppy cries is disqualify of the competition, if it dosen't is ok; is purebreed"

I think this wacky myth is the responsable of the designer breeds of my country

The "terrier" (yes, JUST terrier not scothish or jrt JUST terrier) any small dog that is furry, most of the time soft curly hair, any color also they are "terrier" wit any type of fur, all the "terriers" tails are ducked completly.
This dogs look in general like a poodle or a cocker mix

The "pequinese" not the chinese one, this is any small dog wit shorth or semi long hair that isn't curly any color, a few of them have flat faces but most of them dosen't (this dogs looks like a mix of the tibetan spaniel than the real pekingese)

And ruin breeds like the poodles, chows, and more.

almost all the "chows" I have seeing here are GSD-chow mixes, wit the face and legs like a GSD. >_<
Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

I heard of that too!!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

That kind of like the witch trials. Throw them off a cliff, and they die, their not a witch. If the float back up, they are a witch.. and kill them.

Okay, so that wasn't completly relative, but hey, i try. lol.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Top Dog

May not be that far fetched. A well bred dog from a good breeder is used to be handled from day one . I know had I wanted to all my Golden pups would have accepted this . So I would say it doesn't prove the breed but the breeder .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Top Dog

You've got to wonder where some of these myths start, huh? I was reading a book with excerpts from a medieval bestiary and found these gems:

Quote:
A dog with rabies is only dangerous to humans during the period when the dog-star is shining; the disease can be prevented by mixing dung with the dog's food.
That is such great advice. I think I'll have it framed on the wall.

Quote:
The people of India breed dogs with tigers, but discard the first two litters as being too fierce, keeping only the third litter.
Ah yes, the rarest designer breed of all . . . the diger, also known as the tog.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:29 AM
CrAbS 4 WoRlD dOmInAtIoN!

LOL!
Quote:
You've got to wonder where some of these myths start, huh? I was reading a book with excerpts from a medieval bestiary and found these gems:

Quote:
A dog with rabies is only dangerous to humans during the period when the dog-star is shining; the disease can be prevented by mixing dung with the dog's food.

That is such great advice. I think I'll have it framed on the wall.

Quote:
The people of India breed dogs with tigers, but discard the first two litters as being too fierce, keeping only the third litter.

Ah yes, the rarest designer breed of all . . . the diger, also known as the tog.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:27 AM
<--------Orson

Well it's too late for me to try that test on Orson now......ROFLMAO!! He is 73lbs and I can't even lift him the proper way, let alone by the skin on his shoulders

I guess I will never know if he is a mutt or not