Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-30-2005, 05:02 PM

Red face My dogs and storms..

I did a very bad thing. Addie used to be sooooo afraid of storms, but suddenly was fine again. Hammie has never reacted to them. Wellll, today we were all sitting together..as usual...I was turning off the computer when a HUGE crack of thunder happened. I screamed (didn't mean to..just did it without thinking about it) and jumped a mile. After that I couldn't move an inch without them clinging to my legs. If I stopped, Ham either hid behind me, or in front of me..smashed into my body. Addie stayed with me best she could, but then went and hid in the bathroom. NOW..meanwhile Dave was laying in the front bedroom snoozing away...they could have gone and cuddled with him. Poor Hammie was sooooo scared, and I know it was because of my reaction to that one crack of thunder. I ignored them (best you can when they are glued to your person) and started singing along with the radio...going about my business of making dinner. Didn't help. Until the rain quit...they were in sheer panic. Think this will linger into the next storm, or do you think they'll forget?? I know they became fearful due to my own reaction. Geez.......my pups will need a shrink if I'm not careful.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

The next storm make a fun thing of it....out on porch ....act silly, dance and give a treat with each bang....you'll know when it's coming from the lightening. They get the picture. Chip may be afraid, but doesn't want to show it...usually just makes sure he's near me ...........hmmmmmm to protect or is he chicken ???
Old 05-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Felurian

You can use one of those storm CDs to work with them on it too, Debi.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-31-2005, 10:20 AM
no touchy

May, my Lab, doesn't like storms either. She absolutely hates them....
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:34 AM
Labrador lover!!!!!

wee the same with my lab too he hates storms so much he runs and hides under my bed or in anyones bedroom! bless him!
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy