Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 07-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Top Dog

Default Is it just me, or does this not seem right?

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=49447
Old 07-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Fishies!

I would like every human involved in that story brought in so their heads can be checked...

If its true, what a strange story, I've never heard of a male dog actually attempting to penetrate anything but a female in heat...odd.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Crazy Dog!

I think there is more to the story than what was released. I also say shame on the news channel that put that story out there.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Top Dog

So a baby was left naked and unattended with a dog. We are left to assume that this was not a strange dog, but still. Also, and not to be disgusting or anything, but I was under the impression that a dog does not form a tie, except with a female dog due to differing shapes of the private parts.
I would think that a perverted human male harmed the baby, and the dog is the cover up.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

jThere are so many things with this that don't make sense, I don't know where to begin. Mom must have left baby alone for a long time to begin with. I have never heard of anything like this.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Bored Now.

Sick. Not to be disrespectful towards mom or kid, but I highly doubt this. I just don't know where to begin.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Twin 2.0

I think there are a number of hidden factors in this story that aren't being released yet. There are also some sick-ass people out there and I just feel very sorry for the child involved.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:56 AM
Top Dog

I can think of only two things to say--

First, What were the child's injuries? If they were actual bites and true attack wounds and what-not, then that's a different story. But if it was just the results of the sodomizing, then that dog can't be "Aggressive". He doesn't know what Rape means.

Second, sometimes when I have an intact foster at my house, they try to mount whatever (or whoever) is sitting on the ground. I can imagine a dog trying to do something like this to a crawling baby, but to actually finish the act like that? I don't see how that's even possible!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:16 AM
BusterLove

how can you call that an attack? really.

it makes no sense.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

Wasn't going to touch this one, but thought this might help. Yes, this is a rare behavior on the part of a dog, but not completely unheard of with an intact male. ( An unneutered 1 yr old GSD left alone with a 3 yr old child in the living room of the parents home, comes to mind. A story here, several years ago) It does happen and it is not an aggressive act on the dogs part. They mount children all of the time. Most owners assume this is a playful or dominant gesture. The right circumstances, lack of adult supervision there to protect the child and determine what is "playful" and what is definitely not, a strong sexual drive on the dogs part and it's a tragedy in the making. People don't get it... never, never leave a baby or young child alone with a dog. This is so sad.