Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Active Pup

Thumbs up Dog Breed?

I'm getting a dog soon and I need to know which dog is best for me. Which breed is good with childern and older people. And a dog that is good with strangers.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Spot the Difference!

Many breeds can be great with kids, strangers and the elderly. To me, the most important thing is how well your puppy or dog is socialized to a variety of people, places, things and events. I'd like more information before venturing suggestions, please. What are the main thing/s you want to do with your dog? What size of dog suits you best? What coat do you like? Do you have time for a puppy or do you want to adopt an adult dog? Please tell us more! Thanks!

~THANKYOU Brattina88 for my signature!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:07 AM
Top Dog

There are tons of breeds good with strangers, the elderly, and children. This also comes down to socialization as well. Even more so than breed choice in most cases. In order for us to try and suggest some potential breeds to you, we need to know more about what you need in a dog. What amount of exercise are you willing to commit to a dog? Grooming/type of coat? Size? Do you have any previous dog experience? Do you want something easy to train? etc.

There are more breeds out there that don't fit me than those that do, and the same applies for tons of other people and probably yourself.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Old 07-14-2007, 02:16 AM
wannabe raw feeder

well the dog i have, a cavalier king charles spaniel, are wonderful with kids, older people and strangers. they're very sociable dogs. they are quite conveniently sized ( mine adapts to wherever he is) and require only a moderate amount of exercise. they do shed a good amount though, so they require brushing at least once or twice a week. but they're really sweet, friendly, easy to train/housetrain. i'd recommend this breed to a lot of people. beware though, they also have some health problems, most commonly with the heart.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Top Dog

Dogmation... not nice to do what you're doing. May I guess? You are a kid with a website you've created and you're collecting information for your site? I did notice that there's a fee of some sort for information on your site. Not nice to imply that you're a pro and charge people for advice, if you can't answer these questions yourself. So far you've posted that you have a mutt that just died, a Springer, a GSD and an Am staff pup that you just brought home. Today you post that you're getting a dog soon and want to know what breed's best for you. You want to know about treating diahrea, dry noses, dog food, training, ect. Not a problem collecting information on dogs, dog care, training, but you're wasting a lot of very nice peoples' time by not being honest. If you're an adult doing this... shame on you.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Top Dog

The dog count is:
3yr old GSD
1yr old ESS
4yr old Mutt
1yr old Chow
Am Staff pup.
the recently put down mutt.

What breed is next?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Chihuahua Queen

Old 07-16-2007, 03:22 AM
BusterLove

an overly friendly breed? i'd say irish setter. Havn't met a lot but i've read a fair bit about them and my mum said its like their too busy being happy to think about much else. lol

Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 AM
not so newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by otch1 View Post
Dogmation... not nice to do what you're doing. May I guess? You are a kid with a website you've created and you're collecting information for your site? I did notice that there's a fee of some sort for information on your site. Not nice to imply that you're a pro and charge people for advice, if you can't answer these questions yourself. So far you've posted that you have a mutt that just died, a Springer, a GSD and an Am staff pup that you just brought home. Today you post that you're getting a dog soon and want to know what breed's best for you. You want to know about treating diahrea, dry noses, dog food, training, ect. Not a problem collecting information on dogs, dog care, training, but you're wasting a lot of very nice peoples' time by not being honest. If you're an adult doing this... shame on you.

Don't forget the Golden Retreiver he just posted about...
Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Top Dog

Noticed that ^^^^ .... I agree ...a kid with nothing better to do . Not too bright either .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/