Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

Default my dogs sick

i was out at owrk all day but when i got home serge said there was something up with holly. he said she had been sick all day and was crying all day.
i was just having a look at her and i noticed she has a circle(about penny sized) on her back where the hair is gone, a perfect cirle.
she is shaking and just isnt herself. she is usually quite cuddly but she is extremely cuddly tonight, crying when i leave her side etc she is currled up on my knee right now. every few seconds she cries, her belly is very bloated looking and the strange circle of missing hair is bright red

Old 05-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

Very strange! I was going to say a hotspot, but her other symptoms say more than just that! Can you take her to a vet? If she's bloated, maybe a mild chicken and rice meal for her tummy?
Old 05-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

Get her to the vet immediatley. Stomach pain is not something to wait around on especially if there is bloating and crying. The red circle may not be related at all...but it sure makes me think of ring worm, although, ringworm is not usually red or irritated. Anyway, good luck and get your girl to the vet! When my pug puppy was about 4 month old, she got an intususseption (sp) it is where the intestine gets pinched inside itself and it could have killed her. I am not saying that this is what your dog has, but don't take the chance because there are some very strange stomach problems that can arise. It always worries me more when a dog is normal one day and the next they are acting like yours is.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:11 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

when Rielly was shot he had a perfectly round hole like that..there was no blood to be seen, he shivered and whimpered..i would go to the vet right now.
i went back and reread..u didn't say hole, u said spot..sorry i read it wrong and scared myself..Rielly did have a smaller hole, about pea size. it was like a dark little round wound. Did u do a check of the yard and make sure nobody threw anything in there?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Felurian

Oh, definitely an emergency vet visit! Anytime a tummy is bloated it's not to be trifled with! Let us know how she is just as soon as you find out something! We're worrying . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I hope she is ok. Please keep us updated!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

oh poor baby, she must be in big pain for her to cry. Did she curl in a weird position like body is all twisted? Toki did that and cried. I hope she's okay, better take her to the vet soon.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Active Pup

Sounds like ring worm to me ring worm can cause bloat aswell i would take your dog to the vet and find out for sure.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Love my pets

How is Holly doing today? Were you able to get to a vet?
Old 05-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Top Dog

ohh poor Holly. Please give us an update when your able!