Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedoghouse View Post
I totally agree that I am very well biased, I don't like seeing a hometown hero being called a "scumbag" and a "loser" when there is still no PROOF that he even had knowledge what was happening, much less endorsed it.
Not to pick on you, but this is why guys like Vick will never be held accountable for their actions. On every jury will be at least a couple of people who just don't want to believe bad things about their hero.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Vick was rumored to have been heavily involved with dogfighting before the discoveries at his home. That's kind of a wild coincidence isn't it? Whispers about Vick being involved with dogfighting and then gee...a big dogfighting operation right there on his property that he knew nothing about that. Imagine!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Felurian

While I agree that too often we don't want to believe disgusting things about sports figures or other celebs, it's also entirely plausible that the rumors of Vick's involvment with dog fighting came about because of what was going on at the property he owns and that he really wasn't aware of it.

We'll never know for sure . . . It's hard to fathom that someone wouldn't have contacted him to let him know there was something going on that could bite him in the ass if it got made public though.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Rebel With Cause

Don't want to believe bad things about your home town hero ?/ Hmmm maybe that was what Johnny Cochran should have used as a defense and saved O.J. some of his money LOL
Old 07-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
We'll never know for sure . . .
In a legal sense, you're probably right. But in the court of common sense we'll know. According to the confiscated paperwork "Bad Newz Kennels" operated for FIVE YEARS AT HIS PROPERTY and we're expected to believe that golly gee he just had no idea!

I'm not connected to the legal profession, but my guess is that either he'll plead out to some dramatically reduced charge and an insignificant (for him) fine, or that prosecuters will realize that it'd be futile to try and prosecute because no one will be willing to talk (there's good money in being a hanger-on...no sense slaying the golden goose) and it'll all just fade away.

And either way his "fans" will declare that, see, he was innocent after all.

And Barry Bonds never took steroids. Honest.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I live very close to Surry, and watched Michael and Marcus Vick play high school football. I cheered on both Vicks when they played at Va Tech, given that half the team went to my high school. Almost every day there is a new article in our local paper about this.
Maybe you look up to Michael Vick for being a talented athlete, a positive influence on your community, and maybe even your home town hero. But don't get into this, "I grew up with the Vick boys" business trying to protect them.

Let's take a look at little brother Marcus:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010601017.html

And here's the video of him stepping on another player's knee on purpose:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfMcqB9jwS0

Give me a break. These guys obviously think they're above the law and it's because some people really think they are.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

Agree 100***37; Herschel.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

In regards to Micheal Vick, they've (law inforcement) got snitches and informants giving them information. Is it true? We will just have to wait and see.

As for the dogs Micheal Vick had on his website, they were oversized blue monsters that couldn't run 100 ft. much less be fought in a pit/ring. He was just another fad breeder making a couple extra non-taxed thousands of dollars as a hobby (same as Big Boi from Outkast and many other "famous" people).

Do I think he's guilty? I cannot say until I am presented with facts including documents and pictures, but as long as I am fed generic media bias crap I will ignore the whole situation. However, I do find it very odd that he supposedly knew nothing of what would be going on at a home he not only owned, but visited several times.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:17 PM
*Biter*

Quote:

I totally agree that I am very well biased, I don't like seeing a hometown hero being called a "scumbag" and a "loser" when there is still no PROOF that he even had knowledge what was happening, much less endorsed it.
Sorry, I stick with my prior statement that he is a scumbag. And a loser. Why? Because of how he has reacted to the whole situation. He's mocked it, laughed about it, and basically acted like anyone concerned is a blatant idiot.
And I still don't believe that he could've visited the property (which he's stated he has several times) and not known this was occuring.

Not to mention his behavior on the field. Sorry, not hero material in my eyes.
More like a two year old throwing a tantrum when he doesn't get his way.

Quote:
Lets just be happy that for once, the bullies are getting shown as the proper victims in this crime, and not being shown as cold blooded killers as is so often protrayed.
Oh yes, I am bouncing with joy that more pit bulls have ended up slaughtered and dumped. Everyone knows pit bulls are victims all too often. Pardon me if I'm not celebrating.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
I need a signature re-vamp. Anyone up for the task?

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 07-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Bored Now.

to Shadow, Herschel, and Monkey.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Gadget Hound

With the indictment Vick, this story, with lots of graphic details about the finding the corpses of dogs killed during or after losing dogs fights, and "rape stands" is now on the front page.

Here is the MSNBC story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19814494/

The Feds at least, think he knew what was happening on his property, and participated.

If he is convicted, I think it will be, and rightly so, the end of his NFL career, at least at the high profile position of starting quarterback. The NFL, like all advertising supported sports is quite concerned about image.

Of course, we will now see what an expensive legal team can do to get him off.

The up side of this sad story is that it will provide more exposure for this insanely cruel "sport".