Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Felurian

Default Met My First Real Live Doodle

Last night after I got through at the gym, Dr. Dave asked me if I'd meet his dog, Maddie, who was waiting in the truck for him.

Technically, she's his son's dog. His son works in the film industry and he got Maddie, a Goldendoodle, from a trainer - she's definitely not a puppymill/byb product.

She could be Sophie's pale blond sister. Calm, sweet natured, an absolute love. She put her head out of the truck window and looked long into my eyes, then reached her nose toward me and touched my nose with hers and stayed there for a few seconds, then very softly gave me a gracious lick on the face

Oh, I can see now why people fall in love with Doodles . . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
cuckoo

I've never met one, I love goldens , but do not like poodles of any sort,( I've known lots , and they were ) The doodles do look cute.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Top Dog

I have to admit I have seen my fare share of adorable Doodles...
Old 07-03-2007, 02:11 PM

Sweet Renee *melts* Thanks for sharing, I love the way that you describe things.

Soph really is just as you described Maddie, very calm, gentle and such a love. I wish that you could meet her.. and I'm glad you got to meet Maddie.

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 07-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Top Dog

There's a Golden Doodle pup in Daisy's class. We always stand next to each other because he's well behaved and he and Daisy are good influences on each other. He's 5 months old and a nice little guy.

The last class, the beginners that was after Gunnar's when it was on Saturdays, there were 2 doodles in there, and they were both completely out of control. It's obvious this guy works with his, where the others were not worked much.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:13 PM
just call me Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Calm, sweet natured, an absolute love.

Oh, I can see now why people fall in love with Doodles . . . .
She must have been some doodle! The ones I've met are polar opposite to that. High strung, hyper, clumsy, and BIG which just exaggerates these features.

Of course, it may be the TYPE of person who gets a doodle around here does very little to curb these behaviours.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I run with scissors

Quote:
Technically, she's his son's dog. His son works in the film industry and he got Maddie, a Goldendoodle, from a trainer - she's definitely not a puppymill/byb product.

I thought, according to most of the Chazzers, that any dog that is not purebred, AKC, from a line of champions, etc....was from a byb? (Not trying to start WW3, just trying to understand this).

"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." -Ben Hur Lampman

I miss you every day, Charlie. You were my teacher, my playmate, and my best friend. Together, we did what we set out to do, and I am so proud of us for that.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Felurian

No, not necessarily. The origins of the Doodle lines were well intentioned and purposeful and there are SOME breeders out there responsibly making sure their lines are healthy and fit and temperamentally sound, who love these dogs and are doing right by them and the people who love them.

Personally, I don't have a problem with those people. The ones I have a problem with are the ones who are creating fads and creating doodles and ugs and poos indiscriminately just because there's a lot of money to be made.

And, just for the record, I have the utmost disdain for the AKC and the conformation-perfect cripples they've spawned.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
No, not necessarily. The origins of the Doodle lines were well intentioned and purposeful and there are SOME breeders out there responsibly making sure their lines are healthy and fit and temperamentally sound, who love these dogs and are doing right by them and the people who love them.

Personally, I don't have a problem with those people. The ones I have a problem with are the ones who are creating fads and creating doodles and ugs and poos indiscriminately just because there's a lot of money to be made.

And, just for the record, I have the utmost disdain for the AKC and the conformation-perfect cripples they've spawned.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar View Post
She must have been some doodle! The ones I've met are polar opposite to that. High strung, hyper, clumsy, and BIG which just exaggerates these features.

Of course, it may be the TYPE of person who gets a doodle around here does very little to curb these behaviours.
Yeah I've seen alot of doodles and not ONE would be described as calm in any way shape or form! They are adorable as puppies and lovely as adults though Now that I think of it, every owner was rich, from Los Angeles, and following the latest fad. Not the ingredients needed for a well minded pup.