Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Top Dog

I like 'em a lot. They are very dignified and noble looking. (I know they can be big goofy babies for a long time....like Dobes.) But they are handsome and I like that strong, utilitarian look. That's what I like about Labs too...that sturdy, unfettered look. I guess I wouldn't like their slobbering ways. They're not as bad as some, though...lips aren't too loose. LOL.

But, as you know....I like Dobermans even better. That's why I got a Dobe. LOL. Like the strong, but sleek, tighter fitting skin and beautiful design. Love their playful ways one minute and their down to business the next. LOL.

Love GSDs too. Good thing I have some self control or I'd have one of each....at least. LOL.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Big Dog

I've only been owned by a rottie for 2 mths, and it's GREAT!! My Marlee Magoo came thru being starved, nearly dying with parvo and has a love for everyone and a zest for life like I've never seen before!! She'll never look like a "regular" rottie with her stunted size and poorly docked tail (the vet was going to shorten it when she spayed her, but we said no b/c in our eyes all of our girls were perfect the day they came home!), but she has that beautiful Rottie stance when she's concentrating or sniffing the air. But, our adopting her had nothing to do with breed, just like it didn't matter that Serene and Jersey were lab mutts when we adopted them!
Old 05-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Top Dog

I love Rotties. I have known three: one was evil (no lie) but it was the fault of the owners and the dog would always break its really thick chain and come over into our yard and try to eat us. The other was by the same owner who had the evil Rottie, but she was as sweet as could be and didn't try to bite your hand off everytime you went withen 30ft of her. (Both dogs were eventually PTS because they ripped open another dogs side...the dog lived though.)
The other Rottie I knew belonged to my Pastor. Her name was Tessa and they had to get rid of her because they didn't have enough room for her to run when they moved. She was the biggest baby I've ever seen. She would sit in my lap (kinda hard for an 80+lb dog to do too ) and give me kisses. She was a baby. lol

So ya, I love Rotties and I love the way the look. They are just so majestic. I'd love to own one someday.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Top Dog

And I especially love the "Good Dog, Carl" book series!

http://www.gooddogcarl.com/books.htm
Old 05-27-2005, 12:20 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

BiG DOG CARL FAN ALLLLLL THE WAY if you haven't seen one you should look one up..Carl is a real dog too that does hospital visitation in children's wards. The illustrations are just a dream.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Labrador lover!!!!!

i think all dogs are cute so yer i think rotties are cute!! but i dont like the docked tails though!!
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy
Old 05-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Top Dog

I vote for Carl too !
Old 05-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
but i dont like the docked tails though!!
I seen some pictures of Rotts without docked tails and they had beautiful big curled tails.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I think their adorable I love their big box heads lol

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 05-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Big Dog

I agree with Renee, I don't think they're "cute", but I think they're incredible dogs, very handsome and dignified and intelligent.