Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Active Pup

Default American Bulldog and Boxer insurance question

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has experience or knows whether or not American Bulldogs and/or Boxers affect having homeowners insurance.

I completely understand that this can vary by insurance company, location, policy, etc., but I would like to know YOUR experience or experience of someone you know.

I've done the basic research, seen the top 10 or 11 (or even 14) dog breeds that will raise insurance premiums, but I don't believe I have seen American Bulldog or Boxers right out. However, I also understand that these dogs (mostly the American Bulldog) have the potential to be grouped in with Pit Bulls as a Pit Bull type breed. I know this varies as well, and I'd like to know what your experience/knowledge on the matter is.

I do like these breeds a lot, and it's such a shame to see so many of them (and any animal for that matter) in shelters.

Any help is very much appreciated!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Go with state farm....They are very competitive price wise and they don't care what kind of dog you have as long as it hasn't bitten anyone.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Your Mom

Neither are listed on the homeowner's insurance that we are currently under.

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Taxiderpy

My landlord has allstate, and so we aren't allowed to have "pits". It depends a lot of your location too though, so I would just contact the different insurance reps in your area and ask around.

I have heard that some insurance companies are beginning to allow blacklisted breeds if the dog recieves a CGC certification, and a discount for non blacklisted breeds with the same certification. I don't know which companies or if it's true though.