Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tis View Post
I can see the lab because of her colors, the white markings. But the chow might explain the ears and also the golden color in them. I just hope whatever her mix she turns out to be a good find for our family. Of course nobody wants an agressive dog, and the chow part might worry me.
Chows aren't aggressive unless they aren't raised right. You have the pup at a young age, there is no reason for her to become aggressive. It is up to you to prevent it from happening.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Are You Blowing Me Off?

My chow mix was raised with a young daughter, an older dog, and a dane mix of the same age. He died of old age at about 13 years old.
He was good with cats and ferrets too.
I think the key is good socialization. If you have kids let them get in on training and giving treats too.

My chow did start getting a little grumpy at about 12, but that was due to arthritus. And he never attempted to bite anyone.

I wouldn't worry about what breeds may or may not be present, just socialize, socialize, socialize, and do some research on proper training... You should be fine!
Best wishes! I am sure she will make a great family dog. And spaying at the earliest age your vet reccommends will help too. My chow mix was neutered at six months and never developed some unwanted behaviours usually associated with maturity.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

I definately see lab in her face...did you say she DOES have spots on her tongue. Spots on a tongue is an a good indication there is some chow in a dog although not ALWAYS.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

I've seen a black spot on both Golden and Lab tongues . I really don't see Chow .... can't pin point the breed yet though !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 06-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

I say lab chow, it will be easier to tell when she is full grown though. Either way she is absolutely adorable!

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Active Pup

You know you are right, I have a Lasha Apso and my mom would say they are snippy around kids, for 13 years through both births of of my children and she is such a sweet dog.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Active Pup

I should remember that the breed doesn't really matter. My dad has a mix and my kids could lay on her and she would not care. I will keep taking her out and meeting new people and places. I think I will need a little help on the training! Thanks for you input : )

Last edited by 4tis; 06-21-2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: type
Old 06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Active Pup

Yes, she does have spots in the back of her tonge. Because she is a rescue I guess you never know what they are. But I just keep looking at her and wonder what breed I am looking for.

A friend just really confussed me and said maybe she even have some pit in her. She also said maybe some border collie/ lab!!

Last edited by 4tis; 06-21-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:20 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

The minute I saw the pictures, the first thing that came to mind was Pyrenees. Not sure why but it did.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Big Dog

What a cutie!

I can see the chow with the lab/golden. The high set ears is what yells it at me.

I do not see any pit in her.

Whatever she's mixed with, she's awfully pretty