Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Active Pup

Question Flying with United Airlines?

Hey everyone!
Has anyone here ever taken their dog as pet-in-cabin with United Airlines?? I would like to know how they are regarding opening the bag on the top during the flight (the dog will still stay inside the carrier). I mean, "officially" all airlines say that the carrier must be closed at all times, but I recently flew with Lufthansa and they were very nice about it. I also heard from some other people that they never had a problem with leaving the bag open during the flight if the dog doesn't start climbing out of it. However, I'd like to check with people who actually flew United.
Thank you all very much for your help!!!!!
Steffie and Chester
Old 07-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Felurian

Sorry, I can't help on this one, I've never flown with my dogs. (lol) When you see my dogs in the gallery you'll know why the idea of it is so very funny.

My guess is it would depend on what kind of dog it is and how calm. I think it was United my sister flew on with her JRT when he was about 9 months old and she didn't have any problems.