Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Top Dog

Good to hear!!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
BusterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick and Lino
When a dog eats bones, the digestion process uses and burns excess water contained in itīs normal food. You should feed your dog raw bones, ox tail for example. Cooked bones can splinter and damage itīs stomache/intestines. She should always have plenty of water nearby.

Your problem may also lay on what you feed her, I donīt know what you feed her so I canīt help you there and be carefull, it will annoy your parents when they wake up at 3am, go to the fridge for a glass of water and stand on a sharp bone.
another thing about cooked bones, like cooked chicken bones, we dont feed to our dogs because they can chew them into a paste that clogs them up... but my step-dad wont listen to that logic, and i have to continually watch him after they eat chicken for dinner as i usually then find old bones in panda's and daisy's bowls... GRR

Old 05-26-2005, 09:21 PM
BusterLove

and if she sheds excessivley, you could try brushing her as often as possible, and sweep up every couple of days, just so there is no huge problem about that

Old 05-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s
and if she sheds excessivley, you could try brushing her as often as possible, and sweep up every couple of days, just so there is no huge problem about that

I wish that were the case, but no matter how much I brush, she sheds. Even after a bath, she will shed like crazy. It gets to the point where I try not to hug her too much(yeah right.lol)
Old 05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Top Dog

My corgi is going through a bad shedding faze right now too IT seems like she always is though! She will actually let us run the shop vac down her back and sides which helps a ton(but I dont think most other dogs would allow that). I know what you mean about the brushing. Its like you brush bags full off and then you notice there is more than when you started! No one ever believies me when I say she sheds more than my husky but she does!

Glad to hear the poo problem is cleared up!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedim
I wish that were the case, but no matter how much I brush, she sheds. Even after a bath, she will shed like crazy. It gets to the point where I try not to hug her too much(yeah right.lol)
Nedim:
Did you ever get that shedder rake "brush" thing I told you about? You go against the grain and it takes all the stray hairs and undercoat out?