Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

Wow, that is REALLY NAUGHTY to snap at your husband...I hope he let your dog know that that behavior is not acceptable I can't give stuffed toys either because my dogs gut them in a matter of minutes! They also scare me because of when I used to work in the vet clinic I saw so many intestinal blockage surgeries and they were always from stuffing, socks, or greenies!!
Old 05-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

The ONLY stuffed toys that Brady has not destroyed are the Big Mean Kitty series. They are like triple stitched so that it is harder to destroy them. I will see if I can find a site for you.

Brady even has destroyed his large Orbee bone, but it took him MONTHS, but he has been biting off piece by piece this week. I have thrown away 3 pieces or it, maybe 4.

I have also performed surgery on a stuffed duck twice this month. It was so cute and it makes a crackle noise when he bites it (it used to quack too, but that has been broken since the second day), so I have stitched it up twice.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

Here is what they look like:

http://www.labmed.org/catalog/RP-Kitty.html

I have Dirty Rotten Kitty and Suspicious Chicken. You can get them at Petsmart or at Target too. You can get them in all sizes too, they even come in super huge sizes for a really really big dog, the one I get Brady is about $12.00 or so (he weighs 80 pounds), but the really huge one is $30.00 but it is really big.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Big Dog

If your dog likes the woobies as much as mine does, she'll want more. One thing I learned is don't buy new. That way if he does chew it up you're not out much. Find some yard sales where you can pick up old woobies for really cheap. Old teddy bears old floppy bunnies, anything that is soft. There are currently at least a dozen in the woobie hospital basket waiting for repair in my house.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Top Dog

Last Christmas Santa found a soft moose with a ribbon and bell at good will for $1. ( plus 10 % off on Wed. for S.S.) We call him Christmoose ..... I did buy a birthday cake with candles for Chip's birthday 5 years ago....it played happy birthday which wore out...but he still loves the cake !!! Looks brand new ! He loves his woobies !
Old 05-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Active Pup

my pit will tar up any stufed toy i gave him so when he tore it up i took all the stuffing out and gave it back to him and he was just as happy but no mess to clean up!
Old 05-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Top Dog

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!! An evil Woobie !!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Top Dog

Well I was about to give up, but found this at petco. So I was like 'what the heck, let's try it'. Well, it's been 3 weeks and it's still in one piece Granted, he doesn't like it as much as the other stuffed toys, but he does play with it.

*sigh* my dog is so spoiled.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:52 PM
no touchy

I've heard of these toys where the legs and stuff come off, so the dog can tear them off to his heart's content, but they have velcro on them so you just throw it back on.

Someone I know owns this toy and took these pictures. Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get these toys.

What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Top Dog

That's interesting ! luckily Chip doesn't rip and destroy . I think that dogs with soft mouths tend to be more gentle. Bird dogs..... but when it's a tug of war, the woobie loses . This is when I substitute ropes etc. To start a pup out, you have to teach them not to " kill".....alot of poor woobie as you stuff and stitch helps. My goldens have never "killed" shoes or slippers etc except one pup who decided that the tassel of her Daddy's good loafers were fair game.!