Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 06-15-2007, 04:23 PM
koda bear

Default Im really upset and need some reassurance

So as most of you know I have a siberian husky who is just a little over a year old know and for a while now i have noticed after her long walks she is very tired her back legs are woblly or buckle in I take her for two one/two hour walks every day but this has been worrying me latley since she is such a young dog I went to have her sit helped her and pushed on her butt a little and she fell over. During the day when im at school she is in a fenced in kennel and she is normal very excited to see me but lately she just lays in her dog house and looks at me she has troubles getting up when its time to get out to its really worring me because she is normally extremelly hyper its just not like her and it saddens me. I read there is no cure for hip dysplasia is that true but there is a chance for surgery right how long would you guys wait before getting her x-rayed.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I would get her seen as soon as possible....
Old 06-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

I agree ^^^ there's no cure except surgery and the younger the better .My Chip's former owners had both of his hips done ....he never had a problem afterwards . So sorry !! Keep us posted !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 06-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

It's important that you get her to a vet soon. Good luck!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:47 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Vet asap.

Good luck and keep us posted.. we're all about sending good vibes here.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Top Dog

See the vet and let us know what he says, or sh e.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:01 PM
koda bear

alrighty so im feeling a bit better my moms friend was a vet tech for several years and her dog has hip dysplasia so we had her come over after I had taken her for my two hour walk to put my mind at ease that im not imagining this and she thinks its just from all the excersice and that she is still growing so everything isent fully formed she said she has good stature and that not to really worry about anything untill her plates in her legs have stopped growing because they caint do surgery untill they have anyway. I have her next appointment coming up in a month so as long as nothing gets worse we will just mention it to the vet then. I hope people repect the choice i would never leave her in pain deliberatly and I can trust my moms friend I went job shadowing with her before her dog was diagnosed with it at nine weeks.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

I would do more than mention it to your vet, I would insist on some xrays to get a definite picture of what's going on. Young or not, she shouldn't be "falling" over or buckling like you describe.

The ONLY way you will get a definite answer is via xray and I wouldn't put it off.

good luck
diane
Old 06-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisco16 View Post
she thinks its just from all the excersice and that she is still growing so everything isent fully formed she said she has good stature and that not to really worry about anything untill her plates in her legs have stopped growing because they caint do surgery untill they have anyway.
as the last poster mentioned, this is not a normal thing and I would not wait long before x-raying her. I wouldn't put this off.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Under these circumstances X-rays would be the wisest choice to know for certain what is going on. Yes, they can be pricey but this is a situation when you want to know exactly what you're dealing with and what your dog is going through is not normal at all especially for her age.