Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Puppy Dog

No, sorry, it just wanted to bight off her finger
Old 06-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Puppy Dog

Here is the truth about Pitbulls http://www.edba.org.au/courier.html I still like them though.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Puppy Dog

Guess I was wrong huh
Old 06-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

No, I found it very interesting.When the pitty evolved from breeding to produce a strong fighting dog....and is now trying to be an excepted family dog is quite a story. From what I've learned from Chaz members, they are such sweethearts. Our local vet loves them and say they are wonderful dogs. But, I'm sorry to say, when stray pittys are in my yard, panting and stressed... I cannot go out and check nametags etc as I do with other dogs. I just can't take the chance. Most strays I'll bring in until I can contact the owner. With my golden, they're safe...but do I dare take a chance with a Pitt.?? Maybe they should be color coded collar wise. All dogs with a CGD have a certain collar or tag.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Big Mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick and Lino
Here is the truth about Pitbulls http://www.edba.org.au/courier.html I still like them though.

"Dog trainer" Bruce Bonney would not touch my dog! The part about the poor dog who was gored by the boar "no brain no pain" and "believes most pitbulls are beyond redemption." Five week old puppies that had to be put down for aggression?! I'd be aggressive too, if someone picked me up and shook me! "Only suitable for guard work in a fenced area where no humans are allowed." This is NOT a dog trainer!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Puppy Dog

He may not be a good trainer, but you dont get to read the statistics on "friends of pitbull" sites
Old 06-17-2005, 06:04 AM
user not active

Quote:

# A Rottweilers has 800psi (Pounds Per Squire Inch Jaw Pressure).
# A Bull Terrier has 1200psi,
# A pit bull’s bite force is 2000+ psi plus.
# A Pit Bull does not lock its jaw as do other dogs, but it lower jaw scissors back and forth to rend flesh from the bone.
# Pit Bulls are bred from Staffordshire Bull Terriers – Gaining their incredible musculature - and Bull Mastiffs Gaining a Cold-Hearted lack of emotion and Phenomenal resistance to pain.

That is just stupid Any article that shows these "facts" is automatically assumed false. The only thing it does is to make them look like killing machines.

Lets hear it again, pit bulls DONT have 1200-1600-2000+ PSI bite strength, thats just stupid. And no Rottweiler doesnt have it either.

Personally A rottie is far more dangerous when attacking a human then a pit.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:06 AM
user not active

Quote:
He may not be a good trainer, but you dont get to read the statistics on "friends of pitbull" sites

I wouldnt call those statistics anything more then pure misinformation.

That doesnt know what the hell he is doing. A "trainer" rofl
Old 06-17-2005, 06:07 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
No, I found it very interesting.When the pitty evolved from breeding to produce a strong fighting dog....and is now trying to be an excepted family dog is quite a story. From what I've learned from Chaz members, they are such sweethearts. Our local vet loves them and say they are wonderful dogs. But, I'm sorry to say, when stray pittys are in my yard, panting and stressed... I cannot go out and check nametags etc as I do with other dogs. I just can't take the chance. Most strays I'll bring in until I can contact the owner. With my golden, they're safe...but do I dare take a chance with a Pitt.?? Maybe they should be color coded collar wise. All dogs with a CGD have a certain collar or tag.

Good idea, although majority of dogs never get CGD as its just a waste of time, and for some breeds its almost impossible to get even though they are very nice dogs in person.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:10 AM
user not active

Quote:
So, they do lock on, even if they are not biologically different?
They dont lock on... They bite and dont let go...

Trust me, that is much better then for example biting full mouth bite, then sharply shaking the whole body to try and tear huge pieces of flesh of.

Its much easier to fend of a pit who is stuck on your arm then some "other" dogs which try to tackle you and go for the throat.