Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-28-2005, 10:46 AM
no touchy

I am not against pitbulls. I don't know if I would get a pit that had been previously used for fighting, because that dog would most likely be from bad lines, and have a bit of dog aggression, but I can't confirm that I wouldn't rescue a pit--in fact, I probably WILL rescue a pitbull. I would socialize the dog as much as possible, and of course spoil it. I love pit bulls.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Felurian

I wish everyone could have seen the piece that was on our local news about Gypsy, the Pit that was found discarded and left to die by the side of the road after the dog fights. She was brought to the University of Tennessee Knoxville's veterinary school for reconstructive surgery after recovering her health and having her leg amputated.

That poor dog! But she was so happy; her tail was wagging her whole body, greeting everyone, that bit Pittie smile, even though part of her lips are gone (part of her reconstructive surgery will remedy that). After everything that dog has been through - all the horrors she's been subjected to in her life - there she was, obviously realizing that these people were good, wriggling with joy and bestowing kisses on everyone in reach.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Top Dog

Oh gosh...that's a real tear jerker Renee. That poor dog. I'm so glad someone is doing something for her. There really are some wonderful people out there. I do hope the rest of her life will be a joyful, peaceful and restful one.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Felurian

There are a couple of threads about Gypsy in the New forum. There's a link to the news article I spoke of in the thread I posted.

The rescue organization that arranged all of this and raised the funds to help her is keeping her; she's got a career as a spokesdog now!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Puppy Dog

sorry to bring it up again, but do pitbulls have a tendency to lock there jaws or not. The poor, poor pitbull has, yes, a lot of publicity, is there a reason behind it?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick and Lino
sorry to bring it up again, but do pitbulls have a tendency to lock there jaws or not. The poor, poor pitbull has, yes, a lot of publicity, is there a reason behind it?
No ....locking jaw is a myth for all dogs, there is no such thing in the k9 world as a "locking jaw"

For information on the pitbull please check out the link in my sig.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Puppy Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naturally Pitbullīs dont have a "locking mechanism" in their jaws, but has nobody seen a pitbullīs jaws "lock on"? Perhaps the pitty that my auntie raised and loved, the pitbull that loved her actually did want to bight off her finger?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Puppy Dog

The fact that they get lock jaw probably has a lot to do with wanting to ban them. My aunty nearly lost her finger when she tried seperating a staffy and pitbull when the pitbullīs jaws locked on around her finger, you could see the pitty couldnīt do anything against it and looked very sorry for itīs actions. My aunty shouldnīt have had her fingers close to 2 dogs that were fighting, and she knew it.

Thats a quote from an old reply, I wanted to put it first, quess I skipped the computer generation
Old 06-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Pitbulls as many terriers (and other breeds) have very strong jaws, coupled with strong determination but biologically they are no different that other dogs. You can see a Jack Russell Terrier do the same thing.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Puppy Dog

So, they do lock on, even if they are not biologically different?