Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Hi! I'm new.

Hello! I've been on several other dog-forums, so some of you may recognize me. My name is Kasey, and I am a puppy raiser of guide dogs. I am currently raising my second pup. My first, Jaylie, was dropped from the program at nine months old because of some eye problems. (Everyone said she had the right temperment though.) My new pup, Blitz, I have only had for six weeks, and he is fourteen weeks old. Both of them are labs, and Jaylie is a black female, and Blitz is a yellow male. Blitz is sponsered, which means that someone donated four thousand dollars to the school, and all that money goes to the breeding of Blitz, the food from the time he was born to the time he's eighteen months old, ALL veterinary care, an obedience class, and extra things. (i.e, puppy bib, adult jacket, food bowl, leash, collar, etc...) The sponsers get updates on Blitz AT LEAST every three months, but I choose to do it once a month. The sponsors also got to name him. Blitz is named after Steve's (One of the sponsors) dog that he had when he was in the military.

Anyway, (I always get carried away when talking about sponsors, because I would LOVE to sponsor a puppy, but I don't have the money.) I hope to get to know people on this forum, and give and take advice!

-Kasey
Old 06-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I run with scissors

Hi and Welcome! How exciting to raise guide dogs! And a lot of work, I'm guessing!

"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." -Ben Hur Lampman

I miss you every day, Charlie. You were my teacher, my playmate, and my best friend. Together, we did what we set out to do, and I am so proud of us for that.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Top Dog

Hi and welcome to Chazhound! It's wonderful that you are raising guide dogs, that must be a rewarding thing to do. I hope to learn more about you and your dogs and hope you enjoy the forum

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Puppy Dog

Thankyou! Yes, it is alot of work to raise guide dogs, but then again, so is raising any puppy! I think that the fact that I can bring him everywhere makes it a whole lot easier, because I am able to give him such good socialization!

Thankyou Spiritus!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Puppy Dog

BTW, Maxy24, where did you get your signature from? Did you make it? did someone on this forum make it? I would LOVE to have something like that so I could post a picture of both Blitz and Jaylie in the same post!

Thankyou Spiritus!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Corgi bum

Hi...welcome to Chaz!!!

Thanks so much Jessie for the summer siggy!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Rebel With Cause

Hello and welcome to Chaz.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
BTW, Maxy24, where did you get your signature from? Did you make it? did someone on this forum make it? I would LOVE to have something like that so I could post a picture of both Blitz and Jaylie in the same post!
I don't have the slightest idea how to make these (but I wish I did). I just posted a thread in the forum help and information section asking for someone to make one for me if they could. Jesse made me one and I also posted on someone else's thread who was offering to make some and so Brattina88 made me one too. I switch off between the two every month, the one up right now is Brattina88's creation.

So either start a thread and ask for one or go onto someone's thread who is offering to make them. You just post a bunch of pictures of your dogs, if you want a theme or certain colors just ask and they'll do what they can, hope that helps.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Puppy Dog

Okay, Thankyou! I got one!

Thankyou Spiritus!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Top Dog

Hi and welcome to Chaz .