Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 PM
lurking near the surface

i find it interesting that someone new [?] to chaz, with absolutely no information in their profile, comes on here and without finding anything out about the general standards of the board [such as: most people on here would mortgage their home and throw themselves in traffic to save their dog] starts to rile everyone up. interesting...

anyway, i paid $0 for my dog and she costs me less than $20 a month to feed. i don't do daycare, i groom her myself, and my obedience training costs me the price of my clicker and homemade treats. funny you should use ACL injury as an example, because she has one. thus far, it has cost me $0 as we had it checked out when she went into for her regular checkup at the vets [$60]. he says to just let it heal and gave us ideas for exercises and whatnot. and if a big expense does ever come up, i will be glad i didn't spend $1500 on her, because i can put that money towards her health and well-being instead!

i personally know people who paid big bucks for dogs and then when a big expense came up, they gave up because they didn't want to "waste" any more money on an animal.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal" [Proverbs 12:10]
Old 06-16-2007, 12:43 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by House Of Jurai View Post
Thanks for calling the kettle black.

Now, now, play nice. Don't expect folks around here to not retaliate to your insults. We have voices as well... for the most part we're just kinder with them.

Last edited by Buddy'sParents; 06-16-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:51 AM
House Of Jurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
Now, now, play nice. Don't expect folks around here to not retaliate to your insults. We have voices as well... for the most part we're just kinder with them.
I advocate financial responsibility. Crap happens or so the saying goes and I believe a good pet owner is a prepared pet owner and like it or not a finacial component exsists along with that. Perhaps that is insulting to you.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:57 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Not at all insulting. I don't give a hoot what you think we, as pet owners, should have set aside money wise to care for our dogs. One can be as prepared as possible.. few thousand set aside, a pet emergency credit card and what not and still have to come up with extra. It happens. A responsible owner will make ends meet to be able to care for their dog. Period.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
I advocate financial responsibility. Crap happens or so the saying goes and I believe a good pet owner is a prepared pet owner and like it or not a finacial component exsists along with that. Perhaps that is insulting to you.
Is that English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 06-16-2007, 02:21 AM
House Of Jurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Is that English?
You keep responding.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Rebel With Cause

Quote:
You keep responding.
I have a question for you ....Were you Casabalnca in a past life ??
Old 06-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Chihuahua Mum

I think what we have here is someone who likes to start conflict and someone who can't read properly.
It should be obvious to anyone with any common sense whatsoever that you need to be finacially prepared. No one here is arguing any different, no one here believes that you'll go through life without having to pay a single vet bill etc... No one is disagreeing...the 'troll' just likes to argue. If the troll could actually read properly they'd realise that no one thinks any different, they're just being anal about how things are worded.

How about we ignore the troll from now on, since they don't seem to be contributing to, but rather disrupting, the forum?

Cass.

I've been frosted!

Say NO to animals in pet shops! Rescue a friend instead.
"Raise them to be gentle and they will be gentle. Raise them to be vicious, and they will be vicious.
Problems lie not in the breed, but in the people."
- Dr. Carl Semenic
Old 06-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Active Pup

I would recommend a miniature schnauzer, I have a standard and a miniature schanuzer, but I think the mini would be great, because they have hypoalerganic coats so they don't shed.
Enjoy

p.s. see my avatar for a picture of the miniature schnauzer
Old 06-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Rebel With Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiepeia View Post
I think what we have here is someone who likes to start conflict and someone who can't read properly.
It should be obvious to anyone with any common sense whatsoever that you need to be finacially prepared. No one here is arguing any different, no one here believes that you'll go through life without having to pay a single vet bill etc... No one is disagreeing...the 'troll' just likes to argue. If the troll could actually read properly they'd realise that no one thinks any different, they're just being anal about how things are worded.

How about we ignore the troll from now on, since they don't seem to be contributing to, but rather disrupting, the forum?

Cass.
some how or another I am convinced that this is Casablanca making a come back. I have noted who HJ is sparring with lol. Oh heck a disagreeable person can be fun though. Gives us here all a chance to vent a bit of steam lol